What Are You Smoking November 2020

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

ncrobb wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:50 pm McCranie’s Red Flake in an unfinished Savinelli Lumberman.

Now THERE'S an [mention]ncrobb[/mention] pic-style that I remember! :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Corn Cob Pipe & A Button Nose in the "Grapes" pot. Hot, strong, milky builder's tea on the side.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:29 pm ODF-RR in a Kirsten

If more people owned Kirstens, they'd be more popular.

They're good pipes.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Walking a thin line here, McConnells Lat Flake in a Tendi... upon first light I coughed like a hackin' ol geezer. :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:28 pm Walking a thin line here, McConnells Lat Flake in a Tendi... upon first light I coughed like a hackin' ol geezer. :lol:
What kind of feathers are those?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:24 pm
Houtenziel wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:37 pm
Houtenziel wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:43 pm Delta Honeydew in the Algerian Bent thing.
Any of you other guys who've had Delta Honeydew - do you taste Oriental in there? I was in the middle of a bowl and stepped outside the shop where it's pretty cold, and bam, full on shift to musky Oriental. It persisted through the rest of the smoke.
Never tasted anything remotely close to Oriental. Maybe its the pipe?
That thought crossed my mind, but I personally haven't ever smoked Oriental in it(not a fan). I just checked the site description, and it does state that it contains "various small-batch condimental tobaccos", which kind of makes me think my taste buds are correct.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Big-n-Burley in the GBD Prehistoric 9493

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:33 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:28 pm Walking a thin line here, McConnells Lat Flake in a Tendi... upon first light I coughed like a hackin' ol geezer. :lol:
What kind of feathers are those?
Pheasant.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Houtenziel wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:40 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:24 pm
Houtenziel wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:37 pm

Any of you other guys who've had Delta Honeydew - do you taste Oriental in there? I was in the middle of a bowl and stepped outside the shop where it's pretty cold, and bam, full on shift to musky Oriental. It persisted through the rest of the smoke.
Never tasted anything remotely close to Oriental. Maybe its the pipe?
That thought crossed my mind, but I personally haven't ever smoked Oriental in it(not a fan). I just checked the site description, and it does state that it contains "various small-batch condimental tobaccos", which kind of makes me think my taste buds are correct.
You may be onto something, perhaps give them a call?
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Smoking some CH in a Legend.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt