Latest Tobacco Purchase 2020

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Houtenziel wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:26 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:05 pm
Houtenziel wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:11 pm I need more Burley in my life, so breaking my quantity rule, I bought a half pound each of MB Golden Extra and Symphony.
Two words if you want some old school burley blends: LJ Piretti.

This shop and its recipes aren't usually on the top of anyone's list of must-haves except for the Thanksgiving blend, but these are good burley based blends, mixed in house according to recipes that go back more than a hundred years in the heart of downtown Boston. Here's another two words: No Name. Here's another two words: Cuban Mixture.

Sample Piretti's catalogue if you have the opportunity. You won't regret it, unless you go all in with No Name. That is a tobacco you will either love or hate. It is Hefneresque, which has its upsides and its downsides.
I have tried a few of Peretti blends, including No Name(not a fan),
No Name has few fans. Still, they keep making it. Somebody is buying it to make it worth they while to keep producing it. I buy an ounce or two ever three years, or so, so it's not me keeping that line in the catalogue. It's somebody else. No Name's legion of admirers, a silent majority.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I don't know who was so kind as to gift me this package of LJ Peretti Thanksgiving Day, but I'm very thankful and appreciative. It arrived today with the mail directly from LJP, and there's nothing to indicate who gifted it. But whomever you are, thanks so much!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

MikeDennison wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:05 am I don't know who was so kind as to gift me this package of LJ Peretti Thanksgiving Day, but I'm very thankful and appreciative. It arrived today with the mail directly from LJP, and there's nothing to indicate who gifted it. But whomever you are, thanks so much!
Your welcome.
The Troll Whisperer
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:56 am
MikeDennison wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:05 am I don't know who was so kind as to gift me this package of LJ Peretti Thanksgiving Day, but I'm very thankful and appreciative. It arrived today with the mail directly from LJP, and there's nothing to indicate who gifted it. But whomever you are, thanks so much!
Your welcome.
:D Brother, thanks! I was completely taken aback and blown away. Much appreciated! :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

MikeDennison wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:33 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:56 am
Your welcome.
:D Brother, thanks! I was completely taken aback and blown away. Much appreciated! :D
It was easier for me to send you some of your own than to give you some of mine and get to a post office. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:43 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:56 am Your welcome.
It was easier for me to send you some of your own than to give you some of mine and get to a post office. Lol
:lol: I accept that wonderful gift in the spirit of pragmatism with which it was given. :lol:
Tsal
Forum Decorum

MikeDennison wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:56 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:43 am
:lol: I accept that wonderful gift in the spirit of pragmatism with which it was given. :lol:
lol
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Citizen B wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:38 pm
Houtenziel wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:26 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:05 pm

Two words if you want some old school burley blends: LJ Piretti.

This shop and its recipes aren't usually on the top of anyone's list of must-haves except for the Thanksgiving blend, but these are good burley based blends, mixed in house according to recipes that go back more than a hundred years in the heart of downtown Boston. Here's another two words: No Name. Here's another two words: Cuban Mixture.

Sample Piretti's catalogue if you have the opportunity. You won't regret it, unless you go all in with No Name. That is a tobacco you will either love or hate. It is Hefneresque, which has its upsides and its downsides.
I have tried a few of Peretti blends, including No Name(not a fan),
No Name has few fans. Still, they keep making it. Somebody is buying it to make it worth they while to keep producing it. I buy an ounce or two ever three years, or so, so it's not me keeping that line in the catalogue. It's somebody else. No Name's legion of admirers, a silent majority.
Maybe they made a 5 lb batch in 1977, and they are still waiting for it to sell out.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I have never tried this blend. I'm looking forward to reading what you think of it.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:48 pm
I have never tried this blend. I'm looking forward to reading what you think of it.
Sadly, neither my tastebuds or my vocabulary are sophisticated enough to provide any sort of review. So, I'll just say that I like it. It's got a bit of a floral note...something I typically don't care for, but it's not overpowering and works. Seems like a quality burley blend. Slow burning. Nice room note. Sorry I can't give ya any better than that, sir. Maybe [mention]Bruyere_Royale[/mention] can provide a better idea of the taste profile.