Latest Tobacco Purchase 2020

Jlando19

Dr Uhaha wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:17 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:55 am I just bought the last 16oz bag of Picayune from Tobaccopipes.com. A purchase based off of one man's commitment to the product.

Thank you Fr_Tom, for the inspiration. I know it seemed ill received by a few here but I was feeling adventurous, with a little fear of missing out on it as well.
I enjoy Picayune, but recommend that you start with half a bowl and take it slow and easy until you get to know it.
I will heed your warning. It contains tobaccos that I have learned that I actually like, so I'm looking forward to it.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Jlando19

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:29 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:55 am I just bought the last 16oz bag of Picayune from Tobaccopipes.com. A purchase based off of one man's commitment to the product.

Thank you Fr_Tom, for the inspiration. I know it seemed ill received by a few here but I was feeling adventurous, with a little fear of missing out on it as well.
If it does not work out for you... I really am a fan.
I'm not lying one bit when I say that thought was at the fore front of my mind when I hit the complete order button.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Jlando19 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:33 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:29 pm

If it does not work out for you... I really am a fan.
I'm not lying one bit when I say that thought was at the fore front of my mind when I hit the complete order button.
It is a hearty smoke. I hope you find it to your liking.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Man, I really hope you like it. It seems a shame that [mention]Fr_Tom[/mention] would be the only one enjoying the stuff. I tried it once, and it sat me down on my arse rather quickly while turning my insides to trembling jelly. But then, I'm a confessed nic-lightweight. :lol: Looking forward to reading your impressions.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Jlando19

MikeDennison wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:54 pm

Man, I really hope you like it. It seems a shame that [mention]Fr_Tom[/mention] would be the only one enjoying the stuff. I tried it once, and it sat me down on my arse rather quickly while turning my insides to trembling jelly. But then, I'm a confessed nic-lightweight. :lol: Looking forward to reading your impressions.
I have high hopes! I'm learning to ride the nicotine wave a little more when it hits me. I'm not a coffee drinker so it's "therapeutic" effects may make it a desirable morning smoke for me. Hahaha. I've never bought more than 2oz of any given tobacco at once. So if anyone is interested in giving it a try who hasn't already I'm all in for trades.
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

Just got in 8oz of Newminster 400 Superior Navy Flake, a new to me blend. Sort of reminds me of MacBaren's Virginia #1 with the honey taste and I'm a big fan of that blend.
fingall
Member in Good Standing

Just arrived today: 2 oz each of Ken Byron blends Live Wire, Samsun and Delilah, Bas Matica, and Goblin Mixture. So far, I've only had the Live Wire and it is very good.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Man, this stuff smells good! 🦃
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Lookin' forward to what you think of Thanksgiving Day in your pipe, [mention]Dr Uhaha[/mention]!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ray Mackessy wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:09 pm Just got in 8oz of Newminster 400 Superior Navy Flake, a new to me blend. Sort of reminds me of MacBaren's Virginia #1 with the honey taste and I'm a big fan of that blend.
Both the 400 and the roundies are very good in my book. Both reminiscent of MacBaren goodness which is who does their manufacturing if I'm not mistaken
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin