Latest Tobacco Purchase 2020

ncrobb
Founding Member

Technically, my wife made the purchase at McCranie’s this morning fulfilling the only thing on my Christmas list (other than a NOS 833OD bell housing). I blended 6 ounces and stuffed it in the jar. It’ll be ready in a month or two.

I purchased myself a Not So Secret Santa present yesterday but it disappeared. I think she claimed it as a present too.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:51 am
Ray Mackessy wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:09 pm Just got in 8oz of Newminster 400 Superior Navy Flake, a new to me blend. Sort of reminds me of MacBaren's Virginia #1 with the honey taste and I'm a big fan of that blend.
Both the 400 and the roundies are very good in my book. Both reminiscent of MacBaren goodness which is who does their manufacturing if I'm not mistaken
I think I may try the rounds next because I'm a big Va/Bur fan.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Ray Mackessy wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:54 pm
Ray Mackessy wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:09 pm Just got in 8oz of Newminster 400 Superior Navy Flake, a new to me blend. Sort of reminds me of MacBaren's Virginia #1 with the honey taste and I'm a big fan of that blend.
Both the 400 and the roundies are very good in my book. Both reminiscent of MacBaren goodness which is who does their manufacturing if I'm not mistaken
The rounds are good stuff. If you like those, MB Dark Twist is very similar.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Houtenziel wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:28 pm
Ray Mackessy wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:54 pm

The rounds are good stuff. If you like those, MB Dark Twist is very similar.
See now that saves me from buying dark twist lol
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

ncrobb wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:23 pm Technically, my wife made the purchase at McCranie’s this morning fulfilling the only thing on my Christmas list (other than a NOS 833OD bell housing). I blended 6 ounces and stuffed it in the jar. It’ll be ready in a month or two.

I purchased myself a Not So Secret Santa present yesterday but it disappeared. I think she claimed it as a present too.

You aint right , man .. lol
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:51 pm
ncrobb wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:23 pm Technically, my wife made the purchase at McCranie’s this morning fulfilling the only thing on my Christmas list (other than a NOS 833OD bell housing). I blended 6 ounces and stuffed it in the jar. It’ll be ready in a month or two.

Manhood is good though! Toss in some perique and press it for a month and it really gets special
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
ncrobb
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:42 pm

Manhood is good though! Toss in some perique and press it for a month and it really gets special
[/quote

Hmm, add a little perique huh? I’ll try that.

[mention]Ruffinogold[/mention] once you try it you’ll always keep some around.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Tennessee Dave

Ordered a couple of Cringle Flakes, 3 SPC Plum Pudding Special Reserve and a GLP Quiet Nights.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

You'd be surprised, Rob sent me some and it's awesome!
The Troll Whisperer
CoreyR
Founding Member

I was just reviewing my bank records and noted my $857,27 "cigar" purchase posted.

.... funny, I do not remember ordering any tobacco and I do not smoke "cigars" in any event. Methinks I'll be spending some quality time on the phone with the credit union in the morning,.