The official Canadian Whisky ways and discussion thread

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I so dig bourbon and American whisky . But the Canadian stuff is another something to drink and I dig them too .

Tonight , Im popping a bottle of Black Velvet Reserve I purchased recently . Im going old school Hundred year old pipe and some Erinmore Cube from 72 or before

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
JBRiner

That sir, looks like an evening well spent!

I enjoy a Canadian whiskey every now and then. Oddly enough, the budget “Lord Calvert” is one of my favorites. I don’t enjoy it neat as much as I do Bourbon or scotch, but I do enjoy it. I like it in Vernors Ginger beer. Not too sweet. Pairs nice with a spicy va/per.
Adwyth
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

If you like the Calvert... you'd probably really enjoy the black velvet reserve . 8 years aged and smooth ... 12 or 13 bucks .

The big bang for the buck is Forty Creek Barrel Select ... It's fantastic
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Man , it was 90 today and I think tomorrow is gonna be " in the 90's " ... at least thats what I think I heard on the radio .Man , I'm not a 90 degree plus enjoyer . I'm cooled down now at home , thank Christ the almighty , and I could go for a drink .... especially after days of searching for a vehicle .So , let me tell ya ........................ this Black Velvet reserve really hit the spot Image
LtPiper

I enjoy whiskey too - mostly with a pipe. I just purchased a bottle of "The Famous Grouse" which is imported from Scotland. I like to pour it in a glass, light a pipe with cavendish, blow the smoke into the glass, cover the glass with my hand and swirl the whiskey for a few seconds, and then gently sip the whiskey. It is a wonderful assault of taste and aroma all at once.
"It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge the fetters." - Edmund Burke
sisyphus
Person of Interest

17 years old. Canadian Springs. Drank a whole fifth. Very, very ill. Do not like Canadian.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
LtPiper

Geez, I almost forgot - Canadian Whiskey - duh! I like Crown Royal and also anything made by Glenora Distillary (Glen Breton Rare . . . yummmmmmm)
"It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge the fetters." - Edmund Burke
avid

Oddly enough, the budget “Lord Calvert” is one of my favorites.
The name reminds me of a story from when I was a teen. In those days where I grew up there was an older couple who had a nearby summer cottage, with some acreage in the woods. They cleared out an area and built a tennis court. I could walk along a path through the woods from behind the garage to get there. They spent their summers at the cottage, but as they got older, less and less.

They were always open to allow the locals to make use of the tennis court, and many did in fact randomnly walk through our yard to get to the path. We could always tell, because they would be wearing tennis togs and carrying rackets, etc. There was one couple who summered at another neaby cottage, who would conduct tennis lessons at the court a couple times a week for any of the local kids. That was pretty popular.

Myself and family, and other neighborhood folks who made it a practice to regularly use the court in the woods, would do quite a bit of maintenance on the court to keep it up to specs and playable. The folks who owned it were probably happy with the arrangement. This was a great resource, virtually a private tennis court for any of us who actually knew about it.

Well, one Summer one of my older brothers was living locally and working part-time jobs to help get through college. Somehow with his military medical background in the special forces, and intention to attend medical school, he ended up with a job working with junkies at the county methodone clinic. On days off, he and a co-worker, who happened to be black, would sometimes get together, come home, and go play some tennis. One time I went with them to chase balls and check out their tennis form. Each of them always brought their chosen libation to enjoy the afternoon leisure. My brother, like the rest of us, was a beer drinker, Budwesier being the brand of choice.

His friend preferred to sip from a bottle of Lord Calvert. After a hotly contested point or volley, or upon going down 40-love during the match, he would often go to the sideline, have a sip, and implore, "Help me, Lord."
insufferable filter guy
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

avid wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:13 pm
Oddly enough, the budget “Lord Calvert” is one of my favorites.
The name reminds me of a story from when I was a teen. In those days where I grew up there was an older couple who had a nearby summer cottage, with some acreage in the woods. They cleared out an area and built a tennis court. I could walk along a path through the woods from behind the garage to get there. They spent their summers at the cottage, but as they got older, less and less.

They were always open to allow the locals to make use of the tennis court, and many did in fact randomnly walk through our yard to get to the path. We could always tell, because they would be wearing tennis togs and carrying rackets, etc. There was one couple who summered at another neaby cottage, who would conduct tennis lessons at the court a couple times a week for any of the local kids. That was pretty popular.

Myself and family, and other neighborhood folks who made it a practice to regularly use the court in the woods, would do quite a bit of maintenance on the court to keep it up to specs and playable. The folks who owned it were probably happy with the arrangement. This was a great resource, virtually a private tennis court for any of us who actually knew about it.

Well, one Summer one of my older brothers was living locally and working part-time jobs to help get through college. Somehow with his military medical background in the special forces, and intention to attend medical school, he ended up with a job working with junkies at the county methodone clinic. On days off, he and a co-worker, who happened to be black, would sometimes get together, come home, and go play some tennis. One time I went with them to chase balls and check out their tennis form. Each of them always brought their chosen libation to enjoy the afternoon leisure. My brother, like the rest of us, was a beer drinker, Budwesier being the brand of choice.

His friend preferred to sip from a bottle of Lord Calvert. After a hotly contested point or volley, or upon going down 40-love during the match, he would often go to the sideline, have a sip, and implore, "Help me, Lord."

Lol ... I like that guy !!! I'd love to send him a bottle of the BV reserve . Great story , man , thank you :)
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

:lol: Canadian whiskey? Thats very un-american. Just sayin.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche