North American Society Of Pipe Collectors

Cobman

Is anyone here a member and receiving the newsletter? I signed up for it today. I was a subscriber to 'Pipes and Tobaccos' magazine until they went kaput and have really missed getting a pipe magazine in the mail. I'm looking forward to receiving my first issue.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I never even knew such a thing existed.
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I used to be a member and I got a card to carry, useful for nothing but taking up space in my wallet. I never kept up with the club. One year's uneventful membership was enough. I don't have anything to say about the club except that about 15 years ago I gave them $15 for a card and then I forgot about the club until you brought it up. No harm no foul on either of our parts.

Maybe becoming a member will change your life and introduce you to the greater pipe smokers of America community. It didn't work out that way for me. My time is better spent posting with my pie-eyed knock-around pals here on PSF. Some pals! The people on PSF are nice people to know and correspond with. NASPC is a nice idea. It just didn't work out for me. I don't hold a grudge. Instead, I don't think about NASPC. YMMV. If you want to take a chance, do it! Report back later. I'm interested in how it works out for you.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I really enjoyed P&T magazine , Sadly , magazines are passé . An online magazine just doesnt feel right for me . I'm old fashioned , I reckon . I remember freaking out when the Sears catalog came out each year , lol . I'm sure its a cool thing and youll dig it . Keep us posted what ya think about it

Ah , I see you said a news letter ... Hmmm ... might be pretty cool . By all means keep us posted
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Cobman

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:34 pm I really enjoyed P&T magazine , Sadly , magazines are passé . An online magazine just doesnt feel right for me . I'm old fashioned , I reckon . I remember freaking out when the Sears catalog came out each year , lol . I'm sure its a cool thing and youll dig it . Keep us posted what ya think about it

Ah , I see you said a news letter ... Hmmm ... might be pretty cool . By all means keep us posted
Yeah, Pipes and Tobaccos was great. I kept all my issues and even bought some back issues when they had them on sale.
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Member for many years . . . great fan of Regis McCafferty novels and writings, as well as Marc Dion.

Some other good contributors . . . some full of themselves.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Jlando19

Citizen B wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:18 pm My time is better spent posting with my "pie-eyed" knock-around pals here on PSF.
You will never hear someone say "pie-eyed" like a drunken Cajun does. I went most of my life believing that was a Cajun word until I saw it in writing! Man that makes me feel nostalgic.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Middle Earth

They were associated with some cool blends, including these
That is above average, at the very least

NASPC G.L. PEASE PIPE TOBACCO COLLECTION THE LORD OF THE RINGS SEALED TINS LOTR
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ ... 1937309966

Super rare opportunity to purchase a collection containing 18 BRAND NEW SEALED tins of limited edition pipe tobacco. All of the names and artwork are associated with The Lord of the Rings. The years range from 2001-2013 and are produced by G. L. PEASE as the NASPC show blend. Super limited production pipe tobacco. These tins do show some shelf wear and are being sold as pictured. Insured UPS shipping to the lower 48 states for the price quoted. Please contact me with any questions or for more detailed pictures. Thanks.2001 Southfarthing (1 of 250)2002 Southlinch (1 of 300)2003 Smaugweed (1 of 400)2004 Aragon (1 of 400)2005 Wizard's Leaf White (unknown)2006 Shelob's Lair (1 of 325)2006 Isengard (1 of 325)2007 Fellowship I (1 of 325)2007 Fellowship II (1 of 325)2008 Blend of The White Hand (1 of 300)2009 Tree Beard (1 of 200)2009 Gimli's Stash (1 of 200)2010 Black Rider (1 of 200)2011 Balrog Blend (1 of 175)2011 Arrakis Spice (1 of 175)2012 Bilbo's Blend (1 of 175)2013 Smaug's Weed (1 of 160)2013 Gollum's Precious (1 of 160)MIDDLE EARTH PIPEWEEDJ. R. R. TOLKIENTHE SILMARILLIONTHE HOBBITPIPE WEED