PSF Humor

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:43 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:40 pm
Wildcat wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:23 pm Man your folks were rich! You had sticks AND dirt?!?! I mean we had dirt, but sticks... Talk about high falootin'!
Yessir! Ain't nothing like breaking off a fresh stick from the ol tree in the yard. That and a few rubber bands and mom's old latex dish glove finger and you got yourself a nice slingshot. Cans for days!🎯
When you use all five fingers of the rubber glove you've got yourself a shot shot. It's hard to miss when you've got five fingers full of BBs.
Once I discovered how to make the pipe gun with the latex finger the wooden sling shot was quickly forgotten. The good ol days...Your shot shot seems like it would have been to advanced for me back then. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:09 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:46 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:33 pm Kids are missing out big time these days...it's a shame.
That's what every older person says.

I was talking to two young ladies who looked like they walked out of 1983. They approached me first to compliment me on my outfit. One of them (the prettier one, to my taste) was dressed like Boy George ready to sing Karma Chameleon. The other one, who was nothing to woof at, looked like she was about to audition for Flashdance----oh what a feeling.

It was nice to be taken back in time to better days talking to these two lovely birds. They seemed to enjoy talking to an old doddering fool about what it was like to be 20 years old in the 1980s. They humored me. That's about all I can ask for now that I'm infirm and move slowly.

When we were young, we didn't care. Hormones overrode everything else. You surely remember what that was like.
Technology ruined the yout. We didn't have that growing up. I played with sticks and dirt.
Me too. And we played army. And as teens, we threw pocket knives at each others feet. And boxed. And wrestled. Oh well...you get the picture. :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Wildcat
Codger in Training

We had dirt clod wars, BB gun fights, dare with Jarts and a favorite was Revolutionary War, played with old copper pipe and bottle rockets. The pipe was our flintlock and you'd put a bottle rocket in the business end, light it and fire at the enemy!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
sisyphus
Person of Interest

was playing a videogame last year and this made me laugh so hard I grabbed my phone and snapped a pic
Liberty cannot be purchased by a wish.
Thomas Paine
Old Welder

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:13 am Image
"Llamathrust" :lol:

Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Ronv69
Founding Member

I remember that in the 70s Las Alamos had the highest number of churches per capita in the country.
God and Texas!