Two Kaywoodie Saxons, Trade for something full bent?

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Hey there!
I have finally come to grips with the fact that I do not enjoy smoking straight pipes. That said, I have a couple nice Kaywoodie Saxons that haven't been smoked more than 5-6 times each that need a new home. Rather than sell them(although I will if someone is really interested), I'd like to trade them for a decent full-bent something. Let me know if you have a pipe that you think is worthy and we'll work something out!

Gallery link for both with more angles:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/23326e9v2/

Billiard:

Dublin:
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Loooovely !! Saxons are excellent pipes !! I'll give someone a chance to snag these ( I really don't need another pipe/s ) .... but i'll be looking through my bents , which I dont have too many of because I'm a straight pipe guy mostly , so in case they don't go I'll be ready hopefully

They both look fantastic and in damn good shape :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

There is probably someone here who wants in on that deal. I haven't ever had a Saxon but I hear good things.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

They are great pipes. Kaywoodie is stepping up their game on current production and even doing chamfered tenons.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I've got a 2015 Peterson Christmas pipe, full bent...not been smoked a lot. It looks like this...only not quite so shiny new. :) Image
If you're interested at all, I'll post a few pics of my actual pipe. I have no idea if it's in the same class as a Kaywoodie Saxon.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I would definitely be interested. As far as class goes, the Peterson Christmas series is usually higher up there as far as expense goes. Kaywoodies are your standard US factory made pipe(made by S.M. Frank Co. who also makes Yello-Bole and Medico pipes). I would put the Saxon line a couple steps above the nicer Dr. Grabows as far as overall fit and finish.
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

houtenziel wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:20 pm I would definitely be interested. As far as class goes, the Peterson Christmas series is usually higher up there as far as expense goes. Kaywoodies are your standard US factory made pipe(made by S.M. Frank Co. who also makes Yello-Bole and Medico pipes). I would put the Saxon line a couple steps above the nicer Dr. Grabows as far as overall fit and finish.
Well, give me the rest of the day to get home and get some pics together. Just keep one of those Saxons on ice just in case you decide you'd like to trade. :)
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Ok... Here are the pics. It's a slightly different shape than what I posted earlier. No teeth marks on the stem, and hasn't been smoked enough to ream it once. The band is a little tarnished...might polish up, though.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I think we have a winner :D
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Be a good guy and send him both pipes ... he deserves it because that is a stellar Pete !!!
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.