Got me a Medico Tuxedo pipe ...

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I had a old Marxman in this shape and broke it . Looking forward to this guy arriving

ImageImage
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Riff89

What would you call that shape @Ruffinogold ? I have a basket pipe in a similar shape I believe mine has a saddle stem not tapered though? It’s an interesting shape
DrCapacitor

Sweet! Don’t break this one!
Happily puffin' away always looking for the next estate to play with.
Josh
Silver
Certified Codger

Very nice pipe!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Riff89 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:51 pm What would you call that shape @Ruffinogold ? I have a basket pipe in a similar shape I believe mine has a saddle stem not tapered though? It’s an interesting shape
Ya know , Im iffy on it . Its part of why I might like it so much .. egg , golf ... maybe ball [ but less ball than the other two ] . Hell , I dont know . I have the Kaywoodie shape charts somewhere . Id go with whatever they termed it . Their charts from ther 30s and 40s were wicked awesome

This shape , along with an apple , make for a youthful look , imho ... I could use it
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:40 pm
Riff89 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:51 pm What would you call that shape @Ruffinogold ? I have a basket pipe in a similar shape I believe mine has a saddle stem not tapered though? It’s an interesting shape
Ya know , Im iffy on it . Its part of why I might like it so much .. egg , golf ... maybe ball [ but less ball than the other two ] . Hell , I dont know . I have the Kaywoodie shape charts somewhere . Id go with whatever they termed it . Their charts from ther 30s and 40s were wicked awesome

This shape , along with an apple , make for a youthful look , imho ... I could use it
Maybe it is a Tuxedo shape ... ?? I still have my broken Marxman . I keep all my broken pipes in a bag . Some are really broke broke , others are just bite holes in stems etc ... That marxman I have , back when I smoked it , was one of my favorites at the time . The wife and I had just gotten married and I remember picking it up within a couple weeks after getting married . I smoked alot of MB Scottish in that sucker [ pre mb ge as a go to days ]

I was consideering snagging that author yello bole and I saw your thread and figured you might want it so I went looking about and when UI saw this one , i about flipped
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

My tux pipe is in my hand as of just now .... super light weight and in very good shape . Ill be firing it up shortly .... with what blend , hmmmmm ?
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

A Medico is a fine pipe. Of all the OTC pipes, I have always made mine Medico or Yello-Bole. My first drug store pipe was a Medico. I still have it. It takes a filter. It is made of indestructible briar.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Riff89

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:43 pm My tux pipe is in my hand as of just now .... super light weight and in very good shape . Ill be firing it up shortly .... with what blend , hmmmmm ?
Lookin like a medico night! I’ve got the author I just snagged as well. Gonna be firing it up this evening as well. The blend will probably be half and half. I’m sensing a little Lakeland or maybe M79 ghost in mine. I will be certain if she’s ghosted after the first couple of puffs.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Riff89 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:51 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:43 pm My tux pipe is in my hand as of just now .... super light weight and in very good shape . Ill be firing it up shortly .... with what blend , hmmmmm ?
Lookin like a medico night! I’ve got the author I just snagged as well. Gonna be firing it up this evening as well. The blend will probably be half and half. I’m sensing a little Lakeland or maybe M79 ghost in mine. I will be certain if she’s ghosted after the first couple of puffs.
You get that ghost out yet ?

My little medico is making a great work pipe but that pipe you sent me is starting to kick its ass