Holiday Pipe Mixture

steamboat

I found a 14oz sealed tub of Holiday Pipe Mixture on a shelf at a store. I am going back and forth on should i purchase this tub or not.
There asking 45$ for it. Its not the Holiday Pipe Mixture Excursion its the original vintage tub.

Has anybody here smoked this blend, and is it worth picking it up? I know i can purchase it and eBay it, but i don't sell tobacco. If i buy it, its to smoke
and share with others. Even though its cheap for a vintage blend, its still expensive to purchase, if its not a good blend to smoke. I need help on my decision to buy it or not. Im not in a rush considering its been on a shelf for more then a decade. Its the same store that i bought the McClelleand Townsman Blue that i needed help dating. Whats your experience with Holiday Pipe Mixture?
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I'd buy it. The one with a ship on the label, right?
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
steamboat

Yes it got a ship. You can tell the tub is old, the label is yellowing, but i looked at the container and it looks in decent condition. If i end up picking it up, ill post a pic of it. I just wonder if the actual blend is good smoking. Have you smoked H.P.M before?
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

No, I never smoked it. But I wouldn't pass on buying it though, an old style codger burley that's gone, gone, gone. And if $45 seems steep, that's less than I'd pay anywhere in Texas for a tub of PA. :x
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I doubt its vintage . They only quit making it a few years back . If it is vintage,by all means snag it . If it isnt vintage , but being its still the original ... it would be worth snagging either way
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Get a picture of it Steamboat
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Oh , Holiday was a good blend ! It's basically a black cavendish base with other stuff . The other stuff makes it interesting a bit but it does come across as a Cavendish . Hell , the tub alone is awesome
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
steamboat

From what i read, the Holiday Pipe Mixture is the vintage original blend made by Larus & Brothers. Holiday Excursion was basically the same tin art and was produced by Lane till a couple of years ago. After thinking about it, maybe i seen what i wanted to see, and it was really Holiday Excursion. I need to get to the store on my next day off, and double check it.

If its Holiday Pipe Mixture, i will purchase it. If its the Lane Holiday Excursion i think i will pass, and buy something else. Im not sure if Lane used the same components as Larus, but most of the appeal that comes with this blend is smoking the original for me.
steamboat

Ok, so i went and took a pic of the can. The guy flipped out when i was taking pictures as if i was snapping pics of military submarines. Anyway the blend is Holiday Pipe Mixture and its made by lane. The info i had was wrong saying the Holiday Excusrsion was Lane and Pipe Mixture was the original. Ruff was right in saying its not vintage.

Here some other pics of shelf, before the guy had a spasm.

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Brindley's, Briggs, and Holiday are all out of production. He had a spasm from you taking pictures? That's funny.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!