Five Fingers

Whalehead King

I'm not talking about the discount you took on Tootsie Pops the last time you were at a convenience store. I'm interested in the Five Fingers shoes made by Vibram. I'm the first to look down my nose at anything faddish and tell people they look like a darned fool, but these shoes have been out for awhile and I've been wearing them on the rare occasions I go running and I like to wear them when I go for a walk in the woods.

Wearing them is like going barefoot without having to worry that you're gonna step on a piece of broken glass or a rusty nail.

Anyone like these shoes?

I'm no fitness buff, but I'll let this joker explain what I'm talking about:

This brings up the pronunciation conundrum. I say VEYE-bram not VEE-brom. Ah, the old Muniemaker, tomato conundrum. Say it how you like it. It's Vibram to me.

I'm not an advocate of these shoes. I rarely run. I've got too much to do on any given day. I'm only interested in starting a new conversation and seeing where it goes.
avid

They do look strange. I probably would not bother with them, prefer more solid foundations for walking, going up and down stairs, etc.

On a related note, I heard that the company that has produced highly popular "crocs" style footwear, recently closed its last mfg site.
insufferable filter guy
Whalehead King

avid wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:32 pm They do look strange. I probably would not bother with them, prefer more solid foundations for walking, going up and down stairs, etc.

On a related note, I heard that the company that has produced highly popular "crocs" style footwear, recently closed its last mfg site.
Yeah, Crocs is defunct from what I understand. The world will become a prettier place.

I never saw the appeal. Crocs are like mumus in my opinion.

Like I say, the Five Fingers are weird, but if you like walking barefoot, you can walk on glass with these. I'm not proselytizing. I don't have a dog in this fight. I just like to walk with them on in the woods and over rough terrain. It's an interesting experience.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Damn , I thought you were a fitness buff :lol:

I wouldnt wear those but you already knew i'd say that . But seriously ... I wouldnt wear those

Just so you know , I do have a pair of Italian Echo shoes ... theyre lovey and I wear them to Mass but ony if I'm not wearing jeans , in which case I'm wearing the other greatest thing to wear on a foot .... and I'm always wearing jeans . Everything else just feels wrong , like making love to a woman half your age or something sick like that :mrgreen:

You'd make them look awesome , man ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whalehead King

I don't need that much tread. I would make them look awesome, though. :king: