Latest Tobacco Purchase 2021

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Riff89 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:00 pm Image

Had to go to the pharmacy today and saw these when I was checking out. I know I’ll like the punch but I’ve never had a Macanudo either way they were there and I’m a sucker for last minute impulse tobacco purchases.
I bought that exact punch in that same package a bit ago . I love Punch products , man
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:04 pm
Wildcat wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:45 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:20 pm Apparently unopened and never messed with condition ... we'll see here shortly . Im psyched for the possibility to smoke some London Dock again . It was only the second tobacco I ever tried back in 79 and I havent had any in many years . The match blends of it are lame ... I'm crossing fingers

I'd give an arm and or a leg for a go at that KC Blue! You gotta give us a review! Man oh man I miss KCBlue/Mild!

As for London Dock, never had the original, but that D&R match was and still is, the only tobacco that has ever made me ill. Foul stuff that!!
I will send you some . It obviously wont be alot but youll be able to smoke it and enjoy . I had some yesterday ... its a wonderful cube
whats funny is back when it was available and Id buy some now and then , it seemed a bit to plain for me . This stuff isnt . That aged thing gives it more something or other . I really dig it .

The Kentucky Club mixture got put in the humidor today . I have some of the more recent KC Mixture as well .

My favorite of them all was the KC Continental and Ive been calling around looking for it .. no luck yet

Anyway , shoot me ya addy
So KC Blue was a cube in the day? When I got it in the plastic tub it was a ribbon, at least that's my memory. I really really liked it. When it was gone, Velvet took it's place for me. Similar in some ways but certainly not the same.

I never had the original Mixture or Continental, but H&H Derby Club (Mixture match) is a really nice smoke.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Riff89

[/quote]

I bought that exact punch in that same package a bit ago . I love Punch products , man
[/quote]

Me too!! Punch cigars are great!
Jlando19

Nabbed a few things from Watch City. I figured might as well try these tinned versions of the SG ropes before committing to the bigger order.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wildcat wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:31 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:04 pm
Wildcat wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:45 pm
I'd give an arm and or a leg for a go at that KC Blue! You gotta give us a review! Man oh man I miss KCBlue/Mild!

As for London Dock, never had the original, but that D&R match was and still is, the only tobacco that has ever made me ill. Foul stuff that!!
I will send you some . It obviously wont be alot but youll be able to smoke it and enjoy . I had some yesterday ... its a wonderful cube
whats funny is back when it was available and Id buy some now and then , it seemed a bit to plain for me . This stuff isnt . That aged thing gives it more something or other . I really dig it .

The Kentucky Club mixture got put in the humidor today . I have some of the more recent KC Mixture as well .

My favorite of them all was the KC Continental and Ive been calling around looking for it .. no luck yet

Anyway , shoot me ya addy
So KC Blue was a cube in the day? When I got it in the plastic tub it was a ribbon, at least that's my memory. I really really liked it. When it was gone, Velvet took it's place for me. Similar in some ways but certainly not the same.

I never had the original Mixture or Continental, but H&H Derby Club (Mixture match) is a really nice smoke.
Mixture was good , no doubt , but Continental was sublime . I got on the Continental late in the game
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:21 pm This is not exactly a recent purchase, but it is a box that I packed up in Indiana and finally found here in Virginia. It contains eight pounds of Fr_Tom standbys. My wife asked if it would still be any good. I am claiming it is now "aged."

I think I have the same problem (or future surprise) awaiting me to discover since I packed up my office a year and a half ago. Just waiting for a good week off work to maneuver myself into a new space and hopefully that new space isn’t out in the garage
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Went way over board today. Add to this a single Dutch masters president
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Jlando19 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:54 pm Nabbed a few things from Watch City. I figured might as well try these tinned versions of the SG ropes before committing to the bigger order.
That Black XX is a real beefsteak of a smoke. Enjoy it. If you have never had it before it will take you to a new realm of tobacco pleasure. I can't comment on the other two aside from saying that the Kendal Twist is good enough. I hope the Watch City blend is okay, too, but that Double XX, man, that stuff is the bomb.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Silver
Certified Codger

Got some Marlin Flake (first time for me) and more Hal O' the Wynd in the mail today.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

I walked away from machine mades after a weeks long hospitalization during my hiatus from PSF. It was unrelated to smoking, but I thought it best. Recently @Kevin Keith mentioned in a thread about cigar holders that as warmer weather approached his desire to smoke cigars increased. The same has always held true for me: Colder weather, more pipe smoking, warmer weather, more cigars. I thought I could fight it. I thought I was stronger than you enablers and your posts and threads...

I was wrong.

Like a punch drunk ex prize fighter, in an episode of the Twilight Zone, I found myself sitting in my truck in front a smoke shop with these.

I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom