PSF Song of the Day

Whalehead King

Eefing and hambone. What more could you ask for on a day like today?
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Whalehead King wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:43 pm

Eh, it's a living.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:02 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:43 pm

Eh, it's a living.
Nice work if you can get it. Takes a lot of practice, though. I'm working on it. ;)
Whalehead King

Destination Unknown.........

Here's to hoping Monday's song will be less hypnotic. Who's up?
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:59 pm
That's a whole lotta goodness.

I don't usually hear country music in New Orleans. It's all jazz here most of the time, but I do get to hear that kind of musicianship. When people visit us and they go to just a regular bar down the street, they always come back amazed by the live music they heard the night before, either in a club or on the sidewalk. Mrs. King and I are blessed that we live in a city where music is around every corner. Musicians come from all over the world to play in New Orleans, in its barrooms and on its street corners. There are few cities in America where you can be a musician and make a full time living. New Orleans is one of those cities. We're spoiled.

I can't remember the last time I turned on the radio.

That's a whole lotta goodness. Thanks for changing the tone while still keeping it Hee-Haw! Roy and Gatemouth: they personify country sophisticated smooth.

What will tomorrow bring? Any volunteers?
LtPiper

Heard this song today and it took me back - love me some dreaming! Deb is now 73 and still touring. There is something about her that always intrigued me - not to mention she was smokin' hot in her hey day (IMO) Have to love that dress too - :P

"It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge the fetters." - Edmund Burke
ncrobb
Founding Member

I believe the translation is “the trash, it is white”.

“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
ncrobb
Founding Member

This is for all of us who have gardens or if you just love a good tomato. It’s rough when you forget the words to your own song. Love me some Guy Clark!

“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Whalehead King

Do you like celery? ---Yes, I do.

Do you like soda? ---Yes, I do.

Do you like celery soda?

---YES I DO!

I had some craft made celery soda the other night. Ya know what? It wasn't as good as Dr. Brown's.

The waitress was all, like, "I know it sounds weird but it's really good and refreshing." I told her, "You don't need to sell me on celery soda. I'm in. I hope it's as good a Dr. Brown's." She had never heard of Dr. Brown's. Pffffft. Hipsters.....They think they've reinvented the world.

Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray goes down smooth with a good machine made cigar. Ask anyone.