What Premium let you down!

steamboat

When spending over 10$ for a stick, only to be let down by a dud, can be devastating. I just finished trying to smoke an Alec Bradley Black Market Vandal in Toro.
The cigar is supposed to be a full flavor Maduro, i didn't get any of that out of it. From the start of the stick, the draw was tight, and needed triple puffing to get any smoke.
When i did get smoke, it was just sweet natural tobacco till the wrapper cracked at half point. The finish was almost gone as soon as the exhale, which resulted in me always wanting another draw.

None the less, i was extremely let down with this stick. I will not be buying another, as i always do when getting a dud from a construction point of view. I just did not like the flavors from this cigar.
This was the first Alec Bradley blend that i don't like. The others that i tried from the sample pack were amazing. What premiums let you down?
Wooda
Founding Member

Cohiba.
In Mexico.
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Wooda wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:44 pm Cohiba.
In Mexico.
been there, done that

Although in all fairness to Cohiba, I'm sure it was a knock off.
ever forward
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Many years ago , I was at a B&B in St Augustine Fl . I was down to my last Dunhill Condado [ toro ] and I went out to the patio that was near pool side in the late evening to smoke it and have a bourbon ............. plugged . I mean plugged fom hell with no hope of it ever working . That happens sometimes with any brand but that one time was the worst cause I was looking forward to it

I forget which Balmoral .. but what a let down It was so mild with a steam grass like flavor . I'd have been better off smoking a King Edward Imperial , big time . I've had other Balmorals and they were decent . one being really damn good but I forget which was which
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

So many have let me down, mostly because I have a pretty narrow flavor band in cigars that I enjoy. That said, there are some standouts that I won't buy anymore.
Alec Bradley Connecticut - a cigar that was so mild that I couldn't even taste it. I could tell something was burning, that was about it.
Arturo Fuente Short Story -The wrapper split an inch behind the burn line the whole way down while I was smoking it, and it tunneled badly due to numerous stems still being left in the filler.
Every Rocky Patel I've ever smoked has been plugged to some degree or had extremely uneven burn(Canoed), and pretty much just got pitched out of frustration . On one occasion I was having construction issues with a Rocky Patel Edge Maduro, I decided to dissect it and found that it was a mixed filler.. maybe a Fumas that got mislabeled?
MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured - Trying way too hard to live in both worlds, if it had been a little closer to pipe DFK, or a little closer to a normal cigar flavor profile it would have probably been good. Turned out to be an unbalanced, acrid mess.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Wooda
Founding Member

arturo7 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:05 pm
Wooda wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:44 pm Cohiba.
In Mexico.
been there, done that

Although in all fairness to Cohiba, I'm sure it was a knock off.
This one was genuine, but the resort "humidor" left it dessicated beyond hope.
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

the only non-Cuban I ever smoked that wowed me was the Illusione original series. In corona gorda or lonsdale format that cigar is freaking awesome. I used to get them cheap on cigarbid, but they took Illusiones off the auctions a few years back so I don't smoke them now.

Of the many Cuban marcas I've smoked, the duds would be way above average cigars judged against non-Cubans. So I went Cuban years ago and never looked back.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Whistlebritches

Anything Viaje.......some are just not in my wheelhouse but most have been awful.All power and zero complexity.