What's for Breakfast?

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:21 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:11 pm
Citizen B wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:31 pm

Would you call that an egg salad club sandwich or am I imaging what this looked like wrong?
I guess you can call it that. It was a great sandwich to say the least.
Being cut into triangles held together with a long toothpick with frilly cellophane on the end makes it a true club sandwich. I'm talking lunch counter or diner quality. Was it like that? Were you in a truck stop or at Wawa?

I love a tuna club. The last time I ate one I was in New Jersey. It was so good....
Oh yeah, just diagonal cut with the toothpick and all... I bought it at a diner... I never eat from truck stops anymore and count me out on Wawa for food. The only fast food joint I still eat is White Castle and that's only because the food still tastes the same and it takes me back, it has to be eaten in the car parked in the lot. The only real way to eat White Castle's.

I'm a fan of the tuna club and not of the melt. Warm tuna is a no no.
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:44 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:11 pm

I guess you can call it that. It was a great sandwich to say the least.
Being cut into triangles held together with a long toothpick with frilly cellophane on the end makes it a true club sandwich. I'm talking lunch counter or diner quality. Was it like that? Were you in a truck stop or at Wawa?

I love a tuna club. The last time I ate one I was in New Jersey. It was so good....
Oh yeah, just diagonal cut with the toothpick and all... I bought it at a diner... I never eat from truck stops anymore and count me out on Wawa for food. The only fast food joint I still eat is White Castle and that's only because the food still tastes the same and it takes me back, it has to be eaten in the car parked in the lot. The only real way to eat White Castle's.

It took a long time for me to warm up to the tuna melt. I dislike melted cheese on anything and I don't like to mix fish and cheese---that's the Neapolitan in me.

Since I rarely see tunafish on a menu, when it's on there, I'll order it. I'm on an unintended tunafish salad fast because where I live now. It's all crawfish, crawfish, shrimp and oysters where I live right now. All I want is a decent diner tunafish sandwich! Oh, the agony!
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:58 pm

It took a long time for me to warm up to the tuna melt. I dislike melted cheese on anything and I don't like to mix fish and cheese---that's the Neapolitan in me.

Since I rarely see tunafish on a menu, when it's on there, I'll order it. I'm on an unintended tunafish salad fast because where I live now. It's all crawfish, crawfish, shrimp and oysters where I live right now. All I want is a decent diner tunafish sandwich! Oh, the agony!
Is that Clover diner still in the quarter? They might be able to whip up a tuna sandwich for you. They make a great greasy burger.
The Troll Whisperer
Bamarick

This morning I had 2 scrambled eggs with a piece of link sausage made by a local butcher shop. Toast on the side washed down with a mug of Community Dark Roast.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:25 pm

Is that Clover diner still in the quarter? They might be able to whip up a tuna sandwich for you. They make a great greasy burger.
Clover Grill is still where it always has been. I have never eaten there. I am allergic to ptomaine.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:34 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:25 pm

Clover Grill is still where it always has been. I have never eaten there. I am allergic to ptomaine.
The last time I've eaten there was maybe 2002. It may have changed since then.. lol
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:50 pm
The last time I've eaten there was maybe 2002. It may have changed since then.. lol
Why do I see you mugging for the camera when you wrote this line? Lol.

Don't change, babe. You're beautiful.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I never had a bad meal in the Navy.

I won't say I had any great meals on the mess deck but I never had a bad meal. That was some welcome chow.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Eggs sous vide with salsa and fresh cut raw okra.
Breakfast of champions. 💪🏻
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Citizen B wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:53 pm I never had a bad meal in the Navy.

I won't say I had any great meals on the mess deck but I never had a bad meal. That was some welcome chow.

When did you serve? What was your job? Something in communications right?
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche