Burley; what do you recommend for a 'newbie'?

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bullwinkle wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:26 am [
The thing is is that 4noggins is the place that gets recommended time & again by Aussies because they know how to 'play the game'
Why do folks continually out the golden goose?

As for 4noggins i wouldn't bother to wizz on them if they were on fire

The whole sale from one ahole to a crook and the playing of the game staying the same smells fishy to me.
:lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Legion

This morning I asked via email if he could put a sample of either Burley or Cavendish in my next order.
Just received an email saying he's sending a sample of both Catamount & Western Sunrise.

This is why it's a thriving business. Have a quality product, give excellent customer service & customers will keep coming back.
Wooda
Founding Member

Carter hall was crafted for Newbies and Codgers alike
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Legion wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:47 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:44 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:33 pm If I were to share why , I'd have to ban myself . Move to America [ ? ]
I kinda think I know the reason. He sold the company just FYI and there's a new guy at the helm
That might explain my confusion.
In reviews customers refer to the owner as Rich but the email address says Jeff.

So Jeff would be the new owner then?

As long as he treats us poor schmucks who live under oppressive tax laws the same as Rich, then I'll continue to give 4noggins my business.
Rich says that 90% of his business is from overseas customers so I can't imagine that anything will change.
Yep. I couldn't remember the new owners name until you mentioned the email. It's Jeff
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Rusticated

Legion wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:36 pm
Excuse the long monologue but I often feel the need to explain. It's human nature to judge , that's ok but I prefer others to have the facts before they do so.
Sorry to hear about your woes bro; if I were you I'd take the risk and grow both! Now I feel blessed to live in So Cal as a Christian conservative. I thot Kalifornistan was bad...Your laws suck!
Legion

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:38 am
Bullwinkle wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:26 am [
The thing is is that 4noggins is the place that gets recommended time & again by Aussies because they know how to 'play the game'
Why do folks continually out the golden goose?

As for 4noggins i wouldn't bother to wizz on them if they were on fire

The whole sale from one ahole to a crook and the playing of the game staying the same smells fishy to me.
:lol:
Aussies have been outing him for years. There's no 4noggins ID on parcels. But I do get your drift.

People obviously have a strong opinion about 4noggins. I did a google search & I think I found why.
That's simply hilarious. But not too bright.

Aussies aren't as rabid about politics as Americans. The gulf between the two sides is not as great as in the U.S. We have the choice between Tweedle-Dee & Tweedle-even-Dumber. We rarely discuss politics amongst ourselves. Although there is a growing discontent.

Anyway, enough about that crap. At least it's good to know that I'm amongst good company here.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Legion wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:18 pm
Aussies aren't as rabid about politics as Americans. The gulf between the two sides is not as great as in the U.S. We have the choice between Tweedle-Dee & Tweedle-even-Dumber. We rarely discuss politics amongst ourselves. Although there is a growing discontent.

Anyway, enough about that crap. At least it's good to know that I'm amongst good company here.
We aren't as divided as our media makes us all out to be. Most of us just want to be left alone. The rabid ones are just the ones that yell the loudest.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Legion

Rusticated wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:13 pm
Legion wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:36 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:33 pm If I were to share why , I'd have to ban myself . Move to America [ ? ]
Lol. That bad huh?
Sorry to hear about your woes bro; if I were you I'd take the risk and grow both! Now I feel blessed to live in So Cal as a Christian conservative. I thot Kalifornistan was bad...Your laws suck!
Thanks man. It's been a rough ride but as one of the Master teachers advised; 'Life is suffering'.
Pain can bring out either the best or worst in people.
Another Master teacher advised; "Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial" No point in shaking ones fist towards the heavens. All I can (sensibly) do is to cop it on the chin & hopefully go out of this life with my head held high.
When pain overwhelms me, I keep my eyes focused on the prize. Nothing remains permanent. I have no fear of death itself (Why? Because we truly are offspring of the Divine. None will fall by the wayside) just the process.
Where we end up depends on us "In my Fathers mansion there are many rooms".
We are eternal beings.

A Christian conservative living in SoCal? Sorry but that tickles my funny bone. You must surely shake your head at times. We certainly live in strange times. When I'm moved to despair at the ever changing social landscape, my Guardian Angel says, in that calm reassuring voice, 'Be the observer. Be not of this world but from it'. Everything happens for a reason.

Life is so good here in Aus., or should I say was, that most of us couldn't give a flyers about politics. We are an easy going relaxed people. We've had it too easy for too long.
But the bull is stirring. We've had enough.

The worst piece of treachery perpetrated against the Australian people was the Port Arthur 'massacre'. People to this day still abuse me & block me on social media for expressing the truth.
Port Arthur was a black op false flag attack that was carried out by ASIO & CIA personnel that was used as an excuse to disarm law abiding citizens. Gun owners must now keep guns locked in a gun safe, unloaded, with ammo stored in a separate safe. Cops can spring an inspection anytime they like. Most people accepted this at the time, just like the tobacco taxes, because it didn't affect them.

It's all part of Agenda 21. The false flag incidents in the U.S. is because TPTB want to disarm honest citizens. Don't ever give up your guns. Gun laws only affect law abiding citizens, criminals ignore them.
Legion

Now, where were we? Ah, that's right, it's the pipe smokers forum (no, I haven't forgotten, lol)

Perique is another that I'd like to try. It's described in a similar way to Latakia ('Spicy' for e.g.) Does it also have an ... er .... 'interesting' aroma?
From what I've read it's very strong & high in nicotine so probably not the best for my circumstances.
None-the-less I'd like to be familiar with it's characteristics as it's added to many blends. I'll be asking Jeff to add a Perique sample to my next order.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Legion wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:24 pm Now, where were we? Ah, that's right, it's the pipe smokers forum (no, I haven't forgotten, lol)

Perique is another that I'd like to try. It's described in a similar way to Latakia ('Spicy' for e.g.) Does it also have an ... er .... 'interesting' aroma?
From what I've read it's very strong & high in nicotine so probably not the best for my circumstances.
None-the-less I'd like to be familiar with it's characteristics as it's added to many blends. I'll be asking Jeff to add a Perique sample to my next order.
Perique does have a smell... Like a barnyard. It's another one that took some getting used to for me but I'm definitely a fan now. It can have an effect much like a peppery punch in the face or a sort of sweet almost plummy note so it's one of the few times I'd recommend reading a ton of reviews to see which way the blend leans before ordering
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin