Movies

mrpipster
Solid Citizen

crazyivan779 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 10:19 am
mrpipster wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 4:33 pm I am a big Star Wars fan. We had tickets to see SOLO Friday night but after my visit to my Dr's office I had to return them for credit. We plan on going tomorrow afternoon.
Let me know what you think. I know reviews have been mixed so far.
We will not make it to the movie today. That might be a good thing as I have read this is not a good one :x
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
9 Iron
Founding Member

Might have to relinquish my man card for this, but, I actually just paid to go see The Book Club with my wife and mother. It's a story of four older (60 something) ladies who all read 50 Shades of Grey, and how it affects their relationships.

OK, here's my man card, I'll put up no resistance.
Whalehead King

9 Iron wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:14 pm Might have to relinquish my man card for this, but, I actually just paid to go see The Book Club with my wife and mother. It's a story of four older (60 something) ladies who all read 50 Shades of Grey, and how it affects their relationships.

Have a good time, madam.
9 Iron
Founding Member

Yeah, watching Jane Fonda trying to do the nasty had a lot less positive effect on me than it would have 20 years ago. Candace Bergen just straight up caused shrinkage.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Whalehead King wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:37 pm
9 Iron wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:14 pm Might have to relinquish my man card for this, but, I actually just paid to go see The Book Club with my wife and mother. It's a story of four older (60 something) ladies who all read 50 Shades of Grey, and how it affects their relationships.

Have a good time, madam.
WK, you're a pistol! lolololol
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

I don't see anything playing locally that interests me. New movies open on Friday, though. I'll be scanning the newspaper tomorrow (Thursday). Any recommendations?

I'd like to watch a movie that I can meditate on over a pipe after I've watched it, a movie that gives me something to think about. Has anyone seen anything thought-provoking recently? I'm not talking about Hotel Transylvania 3:

Anybody got any other recommendations?
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

I'm telling you man watch Der Untergang!
It should be cheap to find thru youtube or somewhere else online.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Whalehead King

This is playing at my neighborhood theater. I'm in.

I always say my days are like Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood. God bless you Fred Rodgers. Doing the opposite of what everyone else tells you to do, being kind, that's what gets results that can affect the world in a good way. It's too bad so many children forgot his lessons when they grew up. It is too bad he has no obvious successor. A tip of my fedora to Fred Rodgers.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I saw the new Jumanji on DVD over vacation and thought it was entertaining.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whalehead King

I'll see ya at the movies: