Sir Walter Raleigh and Sir walter Raleigh Aromatic

kschatey

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:18 pm
kschatey wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:05 pm
Plinsc wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:16 pm

Would that make it cavendish? I guess not without adding water to the jars, correct?
I believe that is correct as the water does not come in contact with the tobacco.
Negative ghost rider. Cavendish is a open steaming process that removes all the joy and character from an innocent tobacco. Your method is just stoving hotter in a jacuzzi
That's what I meant... It's NOT Cavendish. Sous vide stoving locks in all of the deliciousness.
kschatey

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:10 am
MikeDennison wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:35 am
Plinsc wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:23 pm Grab a small mason jar and try it, costs nothing and if you don’t care for it you only wasted a small amount. There’s no certain amount going in a jar so even a pipeful or two would work.
You've got me curious! What does it do to burley?
I have no idea. But Two-Timer is double toasted. Hence the name :lol:
I thought the name meant something different... :)
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

kschatey wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:09 pm

I believe that is correct as the water does not come in contact with the tobacco.
Negative ghost rider. Cavendish is a open steaming process that removes all the joy and character from an innocent tobacco. Your method is just stoving hotter in a jacuzzi
That's what I meant... It's NOT Cavendish. Sous vide stoving locks in all of the deliciousness.
You're right, I misread it
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

I stoved a jar of Velvet, I’ll try a small bowl later and let the rest sit.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Plinsc wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:33 pm I stoved a jar of Velvet, I’ll try a small bowl later and let the rest sit.
That should kick up the Play-Doh quotient. ;)
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Plinsc wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:16 pm

Would that make it cavendish? I guess not without adding water to the jars, correct?
Theres so much tobacco available that steamimg some out to create something that is responsible for the majority of the existence of pipe smokers wasnt a bad idea .. yes ? That innocence thing , hmmmmm .... . Who wants a virgin , I dont :lol:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:33 pm

Theres so much tobacco available that steamimg some out to create something that is responsible for the majority of the existence of pipe smokers wasnt a bad idea .. yes ? That innocence thing , hmmmmm .... . Who wants a virgin , I dont :lol:
Screw the majority. :lol: And most of the time it's gods gift to man (burley) that they steam the life out of. Criminal!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:01 pm

Screw the majority. :lol: And most of the time it's gods gift to man (burley) that they steam the life out of. Criminal!
So true . But man , theres enough burley to go around !!! Theres no aroma like cavendish . Im so glad my first blend was a black cavendish . Had it had been other stuff .. who knows how it would have gone . I tried Machine made cigars about the same time back then and really didnt care for it
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:02 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:01 pm

So true . But man , theres enough burley to go around !!! Theres no aroma like cavendish . Im so glad my first blend was a black cavendish . Had it had been other stuff .. who knows how it would have gone . I tried Machine made cigars about the same time back then and really didnt care for it
I was the opposite. I was a long time cigarette smoker, switched to vaping because I sounded wheezy and terrible, and knew that there was rich & delicious tobacco in the world that I could enjoy. Started with aromatics and thought "well I can make artificially sweet and flavored crap to vape. I want TOBACCO" So I waded through tons of bullshit reviews (like ol scribbles) and after trying Pegasus I found my groove and the only dude who's reviews I put any faith in was our very own Padre's. I suppose not much has changed really, I'm still hopelessly in love with nicotine, I just don't inhale what I smoke anymore
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

I tried a bowl of the Velvet, no tongue bite, stayed lit with no relights. The flavor was slightly mellowed but not enough to notice without looking for it.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering