Greetings from Canada's Yukon Territory

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:52 pm Awesome , Hank ! Never been to the Yukon . I imagine it resembles an arctic Nebraska of sorts, in my mind at least . I'm sure I'm wrong , btw .

Welcome from Georgia :thumbs:
I guess you never watched Sgt. Preston of the Yukon. One episode was about tobacco smuggling. In that episode
Sergeant Preston and a U. S. Marshal trail a ruthless bone-crushing bruiser and two henchmen who are stealing tobacco in Alaska and smuggling it across the border for sale in the Yukon. It was on just last week here on DirecTV!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Wilderness Pipe

Lord Guyrox wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:09 pm Welcome, Hank!
Are you in Whitehorse?
I had the pleasure of staying a week in Yellowknife for work, back in 2012.
It was quite an interesting experience.
Thanks. No, I'm live roughly 500 km north east of Whitehorse,in the Mackenzie Mountains. Not far from the NWT border. Are you from Canada as well then?
Wilderness Pipe

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:52 pm Awesome , Hank ! Never been to the Yukon . I imagine it resembles an arctic Nebraska of sorts, in my mind at least . I'm sure I'm wrong , btw .

LOL. I haven't been to Nebraska yet, but I understand it's a Prairie State? I'm guessing you picture a Tundra type of Landscape? Most of the Yukon Territory is Mountainous. Lots of rivers and Lakes. Now you got me curious though, what does Nebraska look like?
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wilderness Pipe wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:52 pm

LOL. I haven't been to Nebraska yet, but I understand it's a Prairie State? I'm guessing you picture a Tundra type of Landscape? Most of the Yukon Territory is Mountainous. Lots of rivers and Lakes. Now you got me curious though, what does Nebraska look like?
Lol .. I figured I was wrong . Nebraska is pretty damn open . I've never been to the Yukon and thought it was wide open and colder than a witches tit covered in snow
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:22 pm

I guess you never watched Sgt. Preston of the Yukon. One episode was about tobacco smuggling. In that episode
Sergeant Preston and a U. S. Marshal trail a ruthless bone-crushing bruiser and two henchmen who are stealing tobacco in Alaska and smuggling it across the border for sale in the Yukon. It was on just last week here on DirecTV!
I'm gonna Havre to check it out ...... look how white and barren the background of that drawing looks . The artist didn't know what the Yukon looked lime either .. lol
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wilderness Pipe

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:44 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:22 pm

I'm gonna Havre to check it out ...... look how white and barren the background of that drawing looks . The artist didn't know what the Yukon looked lime either .. lol
Hehehe they probably made that movie in Nebraska during winter 😉. The farthest north the artist got was south Dakota to star in Western with Indians lol..... Get it? 😂
Thenobleism

Hey, I'm also in Whitehorse. I found this site cause the only tobacco shop I know of in town is closed for a week! Seeing there is no other shop makes me sad.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Thenobleism wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:41 pm Hey, I'm also in Whitehorse. I found this site cause the only tobacco shop I know of in town is closed for a week! Seeing there is no other shop makes me sad.
I met someone from Whitehorse once. It won't surprise you that it only happened once, even though I live in New Orleans.

Tell me, @Thenobleism, when the province of Nunavut was created, did it take territory from the Yukon or any other province? I forget what Nunavut was called before then---Northwest Territories? It has been a long time and I honestly don't remember.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
ric03

I watched a TV show "Ed Wardle - Alone in the Wild" filmed in Yukon once. About a journalist who attempts to live alone in the wild, very interesting if you like that sort of thing 🤓🍿

You can watch/download it from the Internet Archive if that doesn't work.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

See how he calls it Yukon Territory in the title? Us Americans just call it the Yukon. Maybe Canadians always say Territory to differentiate they are talking about the Canadian province and not the region in general. It has never occurred to me to ask a Canadian. I will ask the next one I meet.

It may take awhile.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.