Latest Pipe Purchase 2020

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

sisyphus wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:37 am Image
I like that!
FJB
sisyphus
Person of Interest

yeah the rustication is really bold on this one and the Old Sea Rock colors really pop
Liberty cannot be purchased by a wish.
Thomas Paine
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Just snagged a pair of Parkers from GQ. Inexpensive briar with Vulcanite stems, I can't really ask for much more than that. I guess from reading the description, these are once again English seconds or failings and no longer made in France. Neither really bothers me, so I can't really complain.

“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

houtenziel wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:31 am Just snagged a pair of Parkers from GQ. Inexpensive briar with Vulcanite stems, I can't really ask for much more than that. I guess from reading the description, these are once again English seconds or failings and no longer made in France. Neither really bothers me, so I can't really complain.

Very comfortable looking out and about pipes right there .. enjoy
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:33 pm This was not a purchase, but it WAS a lost-n-found. In 1983, I bought a figural meer. In 1996 it disappeared. I was pretty sure a workman jacked it when we were having some work done prior to selling a house. I was unpacking a box today, and there it was.

Of all the meers I've seen pictures of , I like that one best !! What a pipe , Father !!
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:31 am Just snagged a pair of Parkers from GQ. Inexpensive briar with Vulcanite stems, I can't really ask for much more than that. I guess from reading the description, these are once again English seconds or failings and no longer made in France. Neither really bothers me, so I can't really complain.

GQ?
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:59 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:33 pm This was not a purchase, but it WAS a lost-n-found. In 1983, I bought a figural meer. In 1996 it disappeared. I was pretty sure a workman jacked it when we were having some work done prior to selling a house. I was unpacking a box today, and there it was.

Of all the meers I've seen pictures of , I like that one best !! What a pipe , Father !!
As a rule, I am not the big fan of carved meers. This one caught my eye at a pipe shop in Monroe, LA. This was back when I only had a few pipes. I remember going home foaming at the mouth about it, and my wife convinced me to go back and get it.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bro Uhaha wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:59 pm

GQ?
https://www.gqtobaccos.com/
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
JTWilliams
Member in Very Good Standing

A dear friend gifted me a nifty Dr G Royalton Pot.
Whilst at Chesapeake Pipe And Tobacco, snagged a cool $30 9mm basket pipe too.
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Tsal
Forum Decorum

This old Marshall Field & Co. Field Supreme made in London turned up today. The stummel is really nice but I have to send it off for a replacement stem. I figure a saddle and a taper, Lovat or Liverpool. I like!
ImageImage
The Troll Whisperer