Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:42 pm
Manhood is good though!
I agree.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

CoreyR wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:04 am I was just reviewing my bank records and noted my $857,27 "cigar" purchase posted.

.... funny, I do not remember ordering any tobacco and I do not smoke "cigars" in any event. Methinks I'll be spending some quality time on the phone with the credit union in the morning,.

The last time this happened to me I had to go to the bank and sign affidavits in front of the banker. It wasn't a big deal and they gave me money back. I'm sure it happens all the time because it seemed very routine for them. I hope it works out for you. Nowadays, you probably have to sign the affidavits virtually.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

2 tubs of Velvet and for living room smoking, a pound each of Sutliff Vanilla Custard and Rum & Maple. I took advantage of the current P&C deal and got two free Sutliff ceramic containers with my aromatic bulk purchases.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Wildcat wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:24 pm 2 tubs of Velvet and for living room smoking, a pound each of Sutliff Vanilla Custard and Rum & Maple. I took advantage of the current P&C deal and got two free Sutliff ceramic containers with my aromatic bulk purchases.
Hey!!! Long time!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:43 pm Hey!!! Long time!
An understatement!

How's tricks?
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Wildcat wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:45 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:43 pm Hey!!! Long time!
An understatement!

How's tricks?
Downs and ups and miniature dogs in coffee cups. Good to see you back!
Jlando19

I know I announced this already and ya'll all seen a pound of tobacco before, but this is a highlight for me! It is the first tobacco that I've bought more than two ounces of. Haha. Just picked up a bunch of jars to sort stuff out. I look forward to reporting back with my experiences. Image
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Jlando19 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:27 pm I know I announced this already and ya'll all seen a pound of tobacco before, but this is a highlight for me! It is the first tobacco that I've bought more than two ounces of. Haha. Just picked up a bunch of jars to sort stuff out. I look forward to reporting back with my experiences. Image
From where did you buy this? I don't know any tobacco blenders in New Orleans so I'm curious who this blend can be "the pride of New Orleans."

A picayune is a small thing in local New Orleans dialect, though no one ever says it in real life unless they are trying to seem authentic to tourists. Unless they are talking about the local newspaper, which few people call the Times-Picayune since the paper was bought by the New Orleans Advocate two years ago, the only other time I hear people say Picayune is when they are talking about the town of Picayune, Mississippi, a small town I've never been tempted to make a road trip to visit.

Does it come from Missouri? The fold in the bag is hiding the state's name but it's sure as heck not Louisiana if it starts with M.

How does it smoke?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Jlando19

Citizen B wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:10 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:27 pm I know I announced this already and ya'll all seen a pound of tobacco before, but this is a highlight for me! It is the first tobacco that I've bought more than two ounces of. Haha. Just picked up a bunch of jars to sort stuff out. I look forward to reporting back with my experiences. Image
From where did you buy this? I don't know any tobacco blenders in New Orleans so I'm curious who this blend can be "the pride of New Orleans."

A picayune is a small thing in local New Orleans dialect, though no one ever says it in real life unless they are trying to seem authentic to tourists. Unless they are talking about the local newspaper, which few people call the Times-Picayune since the paper was bought by the New Orleans Advocate two years ago, the only other time I hear people say Picayune is when they are talking about the town of Picayune, Mississippi, a small town I've never been tempted to make a road trip to visit.

Does it come from Missouri? The fold in the bag is hiding the state's name but it's sure as heck not Louisiana if it starts with M.

How does it smoke?
From my research it seems to be a re-created blend based off of a cigarette that was popular in the area way before my time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think this is a Burley forward blend with some perique as well as some Virginia and Oriental/Turkish tobaccos. It was made by Daughters and Ryan under the 2 Daughters name up until this month I believe. Then it was pulled from their line up and is no longer in production. I just had my first bowl and I actually really like it. Everyone warned me about the heavy dose of Vitamin N in this blend and man they weren't lying. I'm sitting down with a glass of Liquid I.V. recouping my marbles as I type this. D&R are based out of Smithfield, North Carolina it says on the bag.

Send me a direct message if you want to try it out. By my usual tobacco purchase standards I'm basically swimming in the stuff over here. Haha
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Jlando19 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:57 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:10 pm

How does it smoke?
From my research it seems to be a re-created blend based off of a cigarette that was popular in the area way before my time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think this is a Burley forward blend with some perique as well as some Virginia and Oriental/Turkish tobaccos. It was made by Daughters and Ryan under the 2 Daughters name up until this month I believe. Then it was pulled from their line up and is no longer in production. I just had my first bowl and I actually really like it. Everyone warned me about the heavy dose of Vitamin N in this blend and man they weren't lying. I'm sitting down with a glass of Liquid I.V. recouping my marbles as I type this. D&R are based out of Smithfield, North Carolina it says on the bag.

Send me a direct message if you want to try it out. By my usual tobacco purchase standards I'm basically swimming in the stuff over here. Haha
Picayune is an old cigarette brand from back in the day. Notoriously strong.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.