Pizza....

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Wildcat wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:01 pm
Claim it! Own it! NYC pizza is the best!!!

🤔
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:07 pm

🤔

:36 seconds into the opening credits proves it:

Fold it like you mean it and stay alive.

I went to that bar once. They didn't serve pizza. It was a gay bar by then. I think they had a popcorn machine. Some friends took me. I think it was in Brooklyn but the neighborhood looked more like Queens. They lived in Brooklyn. This was years ago. My friends were gay. I wasn't. I've never seen the attraction. The only thing that makes a man attractive to me is when he is handing me a hot slice of pie over the counter. After that, I forget all about him because I am only thinking about pizza.

A pizza discussion on a pipe smokers forum. What a country!
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Citizen B wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:48 pm

🤔

I went to that bar once. They didn't serve pizza. It was a gay bar by then. I think they had a popcorn machine. Some friends took me. I think it was in Brooklyn but the neighborhood looked more like Queens. They lived in Brooklyn. This was years ago. My friends were gay. I wasn't. I've never seen the attraction. The only thing that makes a man attractive to me is when he is handing me a hot slice of pie over the counter. After that, I forget all about him because I am only thinking about pizza.

So you were a dico man huh?
I picture you in the village sipping cappuccino and reading the likes of plato.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

mrpipster wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:31 pm

🤔

So you were a dico man huh?
I picture you in the village sipping cappuccino and reading the likes of plato.
Fun Citizen B facts:

The first 45rpm record I owned was Le Freak by Chic.

When the disco craze started I listened to disco because that was what was on the radio. Disco Duck. Once I discovered Rush, though, it was goodbye disco and hello thinking-person's rock. I stuck with Rush until whatever came after Subdivisions. I saw them live twice. Once in Hartford, Conn. and once in Madison Square Garden. Moving Pictures Tour both times. They were flawless both times, truly astounding professionals.

I did used to dance, but by then it was New Wave, and I can still dance to old Depeche Mode and the Cure as if I'm in a music video or in one of those underground after-hours clubs. I don't have the chance, or the inclination to find the chance, to do that again any time soon though some girls have promised to take me to a techno bar. I love techno. I have promised not to embarrass them. "Are you kidding, CB? If we bring you in we'll be the coolest people in the room after you."

I rarely drink coffee. When I do, it's at breakfast with our guests and I use the cup of coffee as a prop. If I don't have anything to say, I take a sip and then I change the subject to something I want us to talk about. If we don't have guests, I don't drink coffee. I have forgotten how to make it.

I have read Plato, but not recently. I think everyone should at one point in their lives. I think that about the Bible, too, and the Book of Mormon, though I am a Roman Catholic. I have read other stuff, too, too few to mention. I hate coffee shops.

Citizen B really hates coffee shops. Citizen B loves pizzerias.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

🤔

That's stacked not folded.
You would change your tune if you ever ate a Trenton tomato pie..
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

That is a distinction lost on most people casually viewing the movie. I made a conscious decision to not open that digression. The genii is out of the bottle now! Thanks!
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:21 pm

That is a distinction lost on most people casually viewing the movie. I made a conscious decision to not open that digression. The genii is out of the bottle now! Thanks!
:lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Citizen B wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:04 pm
Fun Citizen B facts:

Fun Fr_Tom fact: The first 45 rpm record I owned was Deep Purple's "Smoke on the Water."
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:10 pm
Fun Citizen B facts:

Fun Fr_Tom fact: The first 45 rpm record I owned was Deep Purple's "Smoke on the Water."
I only had AM radio. KCRS played shockingly good stuff...of course it was the mid to late 70s. It was all good stuff.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:10 pm
Fun Citizen B facts:

A song used to sell many products over the years...

Cars:

Guitars:

AT&T mobile wifi:

Japanese bicycles:

Even Doritos:

To the best of my knowledge, the song, "Smoke on the Water" has never been used to sell pizza. I tried to find a Deep Purple song that was strongly connected to the pizza traditions of this thread. The best that diligent research could provide was nothing.

It's a good song, but it doesn't go well with pizza. Well, maybe Chicago style, but I wouldn't know about that.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.