Your Favorite Beer

Tsal
Forum Decorum

The Troll Whisperer
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Puff nstuff wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:50 am Life is too short to drink crappy beer, and the pricing of mass-marketed beer has been creeping up steadily over the years, so I don't buy it, mostly because I find it flavorless and totally unappealing but also because the craft brewing revolution brought so much good, interesting beer to the shelves. I love beer. If I want something cheap and easy drinking I'll usually opt for something German in a can, like Henninger, which I can find at Trader Joe's or the dollar store for $1 per 16 oz can.
Magneto orders a Bitburger

I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

One of my all time favorites was Ballast Point Victory at Sea aged in high west bourbon barrels. To this day I still think it's the finest barrel aged beer ever. I know for a fact that it's #1 on my list but it was a limited release and probably shouldn't count. Another favorite would be Prairie Bomb (their birthday bombs are always pretty good too)
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Wildcat wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:55 am
Puff nstuff wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:50 am Life is too short to drink crappy beer, and the pricing of mass-marketed beer has been creeping up steadily over the years, so I don't buy it, mostly because I find it flavorless and totally unappealing but also because the craft brewing revolution brought so much good, interesting beer to the shelves. I love beer. If I want something cheap and easy drinking I'll usually opt for something German in a can, like Henninger, which I can find at Trader Joe's or the dollar store for $1 per 16 oz can.
Magneto orders a Bitburger

When I am at the Deutsches Haus, which is the German-American club at the end of my street, I always order Bitburger draft. I always order it in Germany, too. "Bitte ein Bit!"

When I am in Hamburg though, I always order Astra, which is the beer with the best logo on the planet. Hope and Charity in one simple beer.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

@Citizen B my son and I came across Bitburger at a local grocery and picked some up because of the aforementioned scene. It's quite good.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

A favorite of mine is Ballantine XXX Ale. Sadly, it is an often overlooked and underappreciated beer. Worth a try. Tell me I'm wrong.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Wildcat wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:42 pm A favorite of mine is Ballantine XXX Ale. Sadly, it is an often overlooked and underappreciated beer. Worth a try. Tell me I'm wrong.
They used to have a rebus under the cap. Or was that Rolling Rock? I know Narragansett still does it, or it did the last time I was in New England.

My father used to drink Ballentine. Good beer. Right up there with Black Label.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:46 pm
Wildcat wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:42 pm A favorite of mine is Ballantine XXX Ale. Sadly, it is an often overlooked and underappreciated beer. Worth a try. Tell me I'm wrong.
They used to have a rebus under the cap. Or was that Rolling Rock? I know Narragansett still does it, or it did the last time I was in New England.

Black Label!! Still available? I haven't had a Black Label pony in forever!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Wildcat wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:51 pm
Citizen B wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:46 pm

Black Label!! Still available? I haven't had a Black Label pony in forever!
I regret to inform you that Carling Brewing Company has gone the way of the dinosaurs. That is a brand that could use a resurrection.

"Hey Mabel! I'll take a Black Label."

Pipe sighting:

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Puff nstuff

My dad had an appreciation for some of the more common regional beers, and I remember seeing many of the big names in the fridge back in the day - Miller, Coors, Hamms, Stroh, Olympia, etc. But the ones he really liked were Heileman's (he was from Wisconsin), Primo from Hawaii, and LA's own Brew 102. I still remember the big Brew 102 sign atop the brewery right next to the freeway just as you were coming into downtown, it was one of those things that told me that we had arrived in LA.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪