Pipe Lighting with a Zippo

Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Dr Uhaha wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:10 pm Image
The spigot on a Zippo lighter fuel container pops off easily with a screwdriver. Insert a small funnel and fill the container. The spigot pops right back on with no leaks. I have been using the same three large Zippo containers for what seems like forever. I can't tell any difference from the regular Zippo fluid myself.
ejr10mm

I've got both kinds of Zippo's. I thought I lost my pipe one so I ordered a replacement. Then yesterday while cleaning out our shoe rack to paint it, I found my "lost" pipe zippo! It was a good day. I like zippo's and can get the pipe going good with either variation. My smoking buddy is a matches guy but for some reason every time we have a smoke session, he's asking for my zippo.
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Zippos are invaluable. I use mine exclusively as i work outside all day. Its the only lighter that works every time... As long as i remember to fuel it the night before. The only drawback is an uneven light on my briars, and thats because im weary of scorching the rim. It all burns to ash in the end so i dont mind it at all.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I like both versions . The regular , I just tilt the pipe . The pipe version , I just go to it as its meant to . All around , theres nothing better . Anytime I see a zippo thread , I cant help but mention the belt pouch . Its the next best thing next to the zippo itself

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:21 am I like both versions . The regular , I just tilt the pipe . The pipe version , I just go to it as its meant to . All around , theres nothing better . Anytime I see a zippo thread , I cant help but mention the belt pouch . Its the next best thing next to the zippo itself

I keep mine in the watch pocket of my jeans
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wildcrow wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:46 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:21 am I like both versions . The regular , I just tilt the pipe . The pipe version , I just go to it as its meant to . All around , theres nothing better . Anytime I see a zippo thread , I cant help but mention the belt pouch . Its the next best thing next to the zippo itself

That works but detracts from my sex appeal :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

i wonder what would happen if you took that little tin lid off a Zippo pipe lighter. Best of both worlds? Got to dig mine out and find out.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:03 pm
Wildcrow wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:46 pm

That works but detracts from my sex appeal :thumbs:
Some people need to rein it in or they get in trouble.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Thanks for the fill suggestions, fellas.
ever forward
cigrmaster
Member in Good Standing

The few times I used my Zippo pipe lighter I was not impressed. The flame is unwieldy especially at the middle and bottom of the bowl. The flints are garbage, I use IM Corona flints in my Zippo. I haven't used mine for a few years now as I just don't smoke outside anymore. I wanted my Zippo to work well but it was pretty much useless in any kind of wind. I can cup my hand around an IM Pipemaster and get a good light fairly easily. I smoke 4-5 bowls and sometimes I will get a 6th in if I wake up early enough. I love my IM Corona Pipemasters and have a number of them.

I bought 4 of these. They had a retail of 185 or so and I paid 113 each from PC. It was too good a deal to pass up.

. I bought one for each of my kids and so far I have only given my oldest son his lighter which he loves. He lives with me and takes care of me so I wasn't worried about him taking it out of the house and losing it. So far I don't trust my other three kids to not lose theirs.
Harris