Hats

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Riff89 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:57 pm Image
I tell ya these stormy Kromers are a great functional piece of headwear. My wife hates it but what does she know about anything anyway. It keeps my bald head nice and warm, shades my eyes, the band covers your ears, and they have a lifetime warranty! You can’t beat it. If it gets super cold out I throw a toque over it as an added layer of protection.
Is @Riff89 still around? I am deep in the archives in this thread and I am losing track of time.

I have never owned a Kromer but if I lived somewhere cold nowadays, I would wear one.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Riff89

Citizen B wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:29 pm
Riff89 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:57 pm Image
I tell ya these stormy Kromers are a great functional piece of headwear. My wife hates it but what does she know about anything anyway. It keeps my bald head nice and warm, shades my eyes, the band covers your ears, and they have a lifetime warranty! You can’t beat it. If it gets super cold out I throw a toque over it as an added layer of protection.
Is @Riff89 still around? I am deep in the archives in this thread and I am losing track of time.

I have never owned a Kromer but if I lived somewhere cold nowadays, I would wear one.
I still pop in from time to time. Work has been really busy so I haven’t been contributing much lately.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I do not wear my fezzes regularly. Though I don't mind wearing one when it is not Mardi Gras, I dislike discussing it. No, I am not in a club or a lodge.

I am like Sidney Greenstreet in Casablanca . I wear a fez. I have gone nefariously native.

During Mardi Gras. Nobody bothers me with questions about what I am wearing. Everyone is just their best selves. I receive even more compliments then usual, Everyone is happy. Everyone looks good, bedazzled, even if most of the hats today are bedecked with green, gold, and purple sequins. 'Tis the season.

As usual, I remain myself. The hat does not make the man. The man makes the hat.

I thought we could use a little fez bump on this thread.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:21 pm I do not wear my fezzes regularly. Though I don't mind wearing one when it is not Mardi Gras, I dislike discussing it. No, I am not in a club or a lodge.

I am like Sidney Greenstreet in Casablanca . I wear a fez. I have gone nefariously native.

During Mardi Gras. Nobody bothers me with questions about what I am wearing. Everyone is just their best selves. I receive even more compliments then usual, Everyone is happy. Everyone looks good, bedazzled, even if most of the hats today are bedecked with green, gold, and purple sequins. 'Tis the season.

As usual, I remain myself. The hat does not make the man. The man makes the hat.

I thought we could use a little fez bump on this thread.
Thats pretty slick. I’ve never seen anyone look good in a fez. Until now ;)
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Tsal also rocks one.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I donated mine on accident with some old clothes to a homeless shelter
The Troll Whisperer
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Tsal wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:49 am I donated mine on accident with some old clothes to a homeless shelter
Somebody is out there stylin right now in Freehold.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:55 am
Tsal wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:49 am I donated mine on accident with some old clothes to a homeless shelter
What made you choose Feehold? :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Tsal wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:57 am
Piping Abe wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:55 am
What made you choose Feehold? :lol:
Seems like a place a fez wearer would end up
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

The bartender is wearing a crocheted hat shaped like a condom. That part is bad enough. What makes it worse is that he is bald. I am not enjoying looking at him from behind.

It is cold outside, a blustery day, bleak and blear. This is what brought the condom hat out of the closet. Some things should stay closeted. I am not talking about people. I am talking about this stupid hat.

I cannot complain. Only a churl would ask a bald man to remove his ridiculous hat on a day as damp and chilly as today is turning out to be.

I asked the bartender what he sees when he looks in the mirror while wearing that stupid condom hat. “I see what you see when you look in the mirror, Mr. King."

Club soda came out my nose. It burned.

“I find that hard to believe,” I said after I finally stopped guffawing.

“I see somebody who is ready to take on the world,” he said.

Young people have ambition. Old people have purpose. This is why I wear a wide-brimmed fedora like the Shadow and not a condom-shaped hat like a dickhead.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.