Hats

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:15 am
Tsal wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:11 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:50 pm Still a baseball hat guy. Richardson 112 is my weapon of choice
Is it tilted? :lol:
It's not. So I guess it must be a baseball cap, not hat :lol:
:lol:
The Troll Whisperer
ric03

Baseball cap too or a beanie. Being a grumpy Northern man, I'm supposed to wear a flat cap, but if people saw me smoking a pipe and wearing one nowadays... they'd assume that i was a hipster 😬
Silver
Certified Codger

Or a time traveler!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I wore a nice tan fedora in younger days. Nowadays if I wear anything on my head it's a baseball cap. Or a toque in colder weather. Tried a flat cap...not a good look for me.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I went here today:

I didn't buy anything. I went to get ideas for spring. A man has to make his headgear plans ahead of schedule to stay a step ahead of the competition.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I popped into Meyer the Hatter earlier today. Gentlemen of distinction plan ahead for springtime, when their thoughts turn fancy, as the oat fields blossom. I need something that will not fall off during Cossack dances. Meyer the Hatter is just the place.

I am rarely in the CBD (Central Business District, to new readers) but I had some banking to do on St. Charles Avenue. Far be it from me to miss an opportunity to daydream about new hats.

As soon as something is fixed, it starts falling apart. I am not talking about New Orleans, specifically. The same observation applies to life in general.

Have you ever looked in the mirror?

If you would like to know what I saw when I looked in the mirror today, you will have to be a paid subscriber. My flanerie is in high dudgeon today. And, to think, it all started with a trip to Meyer the Hatter.

I did not buy a hat at Meyer the Hatter today. I was shopping, which, if you work at my usual slothful pace, can take months for me to open my moth-filled wallet. I was wearing a hat that I had purchased from Meyer the Hatter, however. They know me. I am not their Number One Customer but they know me enough to let me have the run of the shop, even if they still do not let me see the vault upstairs.

The Rhinestone Dandy is well enough known to be granted unfettered access to the drawers in the back that are full of berets. It is next to the cubbyhole where Old Lady Meyer does the bookkeeping.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ronv69
Founding Member

ncrobb wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:41 pm
Tsal wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:11 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:58 am

You need a coat to go with that Borsalino!

I can't pull off the pimp look tho.
Can’t never could. If anyone here could do it, it’d be you.
:clap: :thumbs: 👍👍
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:50 pm Still a baseball hat guy. Richardson 112 is my weapon of choice
I took your advice and bought a Richardson 112 for myself. It fits my weird head better than any cap I've ever had. Most caps aren't deep enough to fit me right.
God and Texas!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ronv69 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:38 pm
ncrobb wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:41 pm
Tsal wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:11 am

I can't pull off the pimp look tho.
Can’t never could. If anyone here could do it, it’d be you.
:clap: :thumbs: 👍👍
Ha ha
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:43 pm
I took your advice and bought a Richardson 112 for myself. It fits my weird head better than any cap I've ever had. Most caps aren't deep enough to fit me right.
Nice! I have a very large head and the 112 is always a great fit and look
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin