American Snuff

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Did I miss something and all the old-school American snuff brands disappeared?

I was going to buy some snuff and, let me tell you, the Mr. Snuff website sure has changed. More than half of what they sell seems to be from India. No offense to the worlds largest democracy, but I was looking for some gold old American snuff.

Can someone recommend a website where they sell the kind of snuff you can buy in a gas station. If you live in a part of America where your local gas station sells snuff behind the counter, you know the brands I mean.

Thanks.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Go to your gas station.
The Troll Whisperer
sisyphus
Person of Interest

living in New Orleans you'll at least be able to find Rooster and a couple of the Garrett varieties at a tobacco hut-like retailer
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

The only time I've seen tobacco snuff for sale was when I drove from New Orleans to Mammoth Cave, KY. Somewhere in the middle gas stations started to sell snuff. No B&M near me sells snuff. If you want to google it, please feel free. I've tried. I'm looking for American gas station snuff, the old brands, not European snuff. I can't even find a trace of the brands that I'm looking for online. I'm worried American snuff is going the way of American machine-made cigars and I want to start snuffing to support the old snuff makers before they go out of business.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:43 pm The only time I've seen tobacco snuff for sale was when I drove from New Orleans to Mammoth Cave, KY. Somewhere in the middle gas stations started to sell snuff. No B&M near me sells snuff. If you want to google it, please feel free. I've tried. I'm looking for American gas station snuff, the old brands, not European snuff. I can't even find a trace of the brands that I'm looking for online. I'm worried American snuff is going the way of American machine-made cigars and I want to start snuffing to support the old snuff makers before they go out of business.
Which ya want ? I have most of them here locally
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:45 pm
Citizen B wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:43 pm The only time I've seen tobacco snuff for sale was when I drove from New Orleans to Mammoth Cave, KY. Somewhere in the middle gas stations started to sell snuff. No B&M near me sells snuff. If you want to google it, please feel free. I've tried. I'm looking for American gas station snuff, the old brands, not European snuff. I can't even find a trace of the brands that I'm looking for online. I'm worried American snuff is going the way of American machine-made cigars and I want to start snuffing to support the old snuff makers before they go out of business.
I'm hoping for an online outlet like WV Smokeshop, where I can buy the classics online. I love WV Smokeshop because they're just plugging away keeping up with traditions in the American crossroads general store (gas station) tradition of selling quality drug store and newsstand pipes and quality OTC American blends.

Is there a comparable website that does this for snuff? I have yet to find it.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

you'll find it in the sort of place that specializes in commercial cigarettes/ryo/liquor/pre payday check cashing
every large city has that sort of place here they are literally called Tobacco Hut and there's a bunch of them

I can send you some Garrett if you can't find it local
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Citizen B wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:06 pm
I'm hoping for an online outlet like WV Smokeshop, where I can buy the classics online.
not legal in the USA due to PACT and other tobacco legislation about a decade ago. Just like cigarettes and moist snuff, you can't buy or sell nasal snuff online in the USA. Hence the need for Mr Snuff to service our market.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

none finer than this if you do place a Mr Snuff order

https://www.mrsnuff.com/collections/nas ... 2116279340
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:06 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:45 pm
I'm hoping for an online outlet like WV Smokeshop, where I can buy the classics online. I love WV Smokeshop because they're just plugging away keeping up with traditions in the American crossroads general store (gas station) tradition of selling quality drug store and newsstand pipes and quality OTC American blends.

Is there a comparable website that does this for snuff? I have yet to find it.
American snuff is where its at for me . Next I go to my little B&M , Ill take a picture of what they got and tell me which you want . If they have Superior in stock , Id suggest that one . I dont know of an online joint other than mrsnuff , which sucks for American snuff because its way expensive at his site . I guess it ships to the uk and then back here to the states where you order from him .. its pricey . I think the average 1.15 oz canister goes for 6 bucks locally , which ever brand
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.