Latest Tobacco Purchase 2021

Jlando19

Piping Abe wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:51 pm I also recieved my twist of Cotton Boll from @Jlando19 ! Stand-up gentleman!
Thanks Abe! I'm glad they made it out safely.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I'm not one to complain but I just received my Samuel Gawith order and I'm not impressed with how cheap their packaging has become, they switched to cheap printer labels and silver sardine tins with a wrapper only around the sealed edge. Regardless if the tobacco is still the same I'm never buying tinned stuff again.
The Troll Whisperer
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Yea new tins are disapointing.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:32 pm I'm not one to complain but I just received my Samuel Gawith order and I'm not impressed with how cheap their packaging has become, they switched to cheap printer labels and silver sardine tins with a wrapper only around the sealed edge. Regardless if the tobacco is still the same I'm never buying tinned stuff again.
Well, it's not because they are so busy exporting tons of tobacco that the tins had to suffer, so I guess they just cheaped out.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:28 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:32 pm I'm not one to complain but I just received my Samuel Gawith order and I'm not impressed with how cheap their packaging has become, they switched to cheap printer labels and silver sardine tins with a wrapper only around the sealed edge. Regardless if the tobacco is still the same I'm never buying tinned stuff again.
Well, it's not because they are so busy exporting tons of tobacco that the tins had to suffer, so I guess they just cheaped out.
Right!
You'd think that being such an old blending house they would keep with tradition and offer quality stuff across the board.
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

No pride, they probably don’t even respect what they do. It’s just a way to make money.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Cant believe you smoke that shit :lol:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:02 pm
Cant believe you smoke that shit :lol:
:lol:
I love it!
The Troll Whisperer
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

If the tobacco is still the same quality why does the different packaging matter that much?

I know they are still trying to figure out how to keep the rectangle tins sealed properly. I believe they bought a lot from a bad supplier and are just trying to use it all. So this is the method they must’ve found that works.

A lot of people open their rectangle tins to find the tobacco all dried up. Reccomendation is to open them up and jar them immediately.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

I personally don't give a hoot how my tobacco is delivered as long as it is fresh. Most of mine comes in a plastic one pound bag or a tub anyway. The bagged stuff gets jarred and the tubs get smoked straight from the container. They have enough propeline glycol, or whatever its called, to keep them fresh for the next century or so. Tinned tobacco dries out fast once opened so you need to jar it or smoke it fast. If you jar it the tin makes a lovely melodeous "clink" as it hits the bottom of the trash bin.