A Word on Ruger Revolvers

sisyphus
Person of Interest

my 41 magnum

45LC (don't have a pic of mine but it's this one)
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Armycw2

41 mag.. I'm very jealous.. And its a Bisley too!
A have on in my Bud's wish list but they have been out of stock for over a year. I have 41 mag dies and brass as well as 41 special brass.. Just waiting on the Pistol.
“If you can't send money, send tobacco.” GEN George Washington
Armycw2

Jlando19 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:47 pm I really want an LCR 22.

Or

An old colt J frame modified as such.
Fitz Special revolvers were made by taking any standard size Colt revolver, shortening the barrel to two inches, shortening the ejector rod, bobbing the hammer spur, rounding the butt, and removing the front half of the trigger guard. Reshaping the hammer and the butt allows the gun to be drawn quickly with little risk of the weapon snagging on clothing. The halved trigger guard facilitates quick trigger acquisition, even for shooters with large fingers or gloves.

I'd find a gunsmith to convert a .38 to be able to fire 9mm. You know. To confuse people.
Fitz specials are cool. A friend of my Father's was a retired Louisiana State Patrol Sergeant amd had one in 32 long made by Fitz back in the day.
Jlando19

Armycw2 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:18 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:47 pm I really want an LCR 22.

Or

An old colt J frame modified as such.
Fitz Special revolvers were made by taking any standard size Colt revolver, shortening the barrel to two inches, shortening the ejector rod, bobbing the hammer spur, rounding the butt, and removing the front half of the trigger guard. Reshaping the hammer and the butt allows the gun to be drawn quickly with little risk of the weapon snagging on clothing. The halved trigger guard facilitates quick trigger acquisition, even for shooters with large fingers or gloves.

I'd find a gunsmith to convert a .38 to be able to fire 9mm. You know. To confuse people.
Fitz specials are cool. A friend of my Father's was a retired Louisiana State Patrol Sergeant amd had one in 32 long made by Fitz back in the day.
To have one made by the man himself would be amazing! I've seen a few modern day renditions with these guys I've done some training with. They refer to them as "La Chatas."
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Middle Earth

I am a non-fluted cylinder, Bisley grip guy when it comes to the big bores

Armycw2

I agree on the Bisley grip. The Colt plow handles never felt comfortable to me whereas the Bisley i can shoot all day
Ronv69
Founding Member

My Ruger 44 Special 4 5/8 Texas Grips Curly Maple.
I can't shoot it for anything. The grip just doesn't fit my hand and I've tried 4 different grips.
God and Texas!
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Ronv69 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:02 pm My Ruger 44 Special 4 5/8 Texas Grips Curly Maple.
I can't shoot it for anything. The grip just doesn't fit my hand and I've tried 4 different grips.
if you ever have a chance to get a Bisley in hand try it. It may be the answer for you. It is for me.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Ronv69
Founding Member

Can't afford to change it. I can shoot a Smith or a Taurus, or even a Colt DA fine. I wanted this one to work, but iI'm afraid it has to go.
God and Texas!
Armycw2

@Ronv69 save up and get a Bisley conversion frame.. It will ne like night and day.