It was only a matter of time....

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Wildcat wrote: ↑Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:26 pm A fool and his money...
...get a delivery of 3 Dr Grabow Berwyck Pipes.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Lol OK lol.. PIPE SMOKERS CONFESSION TIME!! OK.. dont get mad at me.. But im the jerk who just let my PAD overcome me, and purchased those.. Plus im a little stimulus happy! And please spare me the codger stories about how you walked barefoot through ten feet of snow back in the day to get your RJ coupon pipe... πŸ˜‚.

I actually only want the pot shaped one and i was gonna sell the other two. I know that i just made a crazy ass purchase.. But being a collector is at times quite a sickness!

Please empathize with me gentlemen.. I need help.. πŸ˜‚

Cheers!!
Last edited by Chef Benny on Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: ↑Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:46 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: ↑Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:34 pm The stem on the middle one does not seem to match the stummel in terms of diameter.
I see what you see but I think there is a reflection around the band that makes the stem look larger in diameter. The last two pics look like it lines up.
Its a reflection.. I asked the seller.. They are flush.
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

The pot was a nice looking pipe. I will grant you that.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Chef Benny wrote: ↑Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:21 am Lol OK lol.. PIPE SMOKERS CONFESSION TIME!! OK.. dont get mad at me.. But im the jerk who just let my PAD overcome me, and purchased those.. Plus im a little stimulus happy! And please spare me the codger stories about how you walked barefoot through ten feet of snow back in the day to get your RJ coupon pipe... πŸ˜‚.

I actually only want the pot shaped one and i was gonna sell the other two. I know that i just made a crazy ass purchase.. But being a collector is at times quite a sickness!

Cheers!!
Let me climb in the confessional with you Benny. I am a thrift store hunting cheapskate who wants to publicly apologize for my "fool and his money" comment. Had I known you or another member were after those pipes I would have kept my pie hole shut.

In another thread about vintage comic book prices and estate pipe prices I made this comment, "the heart wants what the heart wants." I should have said that or nothing at all.

Enjoy your pipes my friend and please forgive my knuckleheadedness.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Wildcat wrote: ↑Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:25 am
Chef Benny wrote: ↑Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:21 am Lol OK lol.. PIPE SMOKERS CONFESSION TIME!! OK.. dont get mad at me.. But im the jerk who just let my PAD overcome me, and purchased those.. Plus im a little stimulus happy! And please spare me the codger stories about how you walked barefoot through ten feet of snow back in the day to get your RJ coupon pipe... πŸ˜‚.

Cheers!!
Let me climb in the confessional with you Benny. I am a thrift store hunting cheapskate who wants to publicly apologize for my "fool and his money" comment. Had I known you or another member were after those pipes I would have kept my pie hole shut.

In another thread about vintage comic book prices and estate pipe prices I made this comment, "the heart wants what the heart wants." I should have said that or nothing at all.

Backpeddling? :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Chef Benny wrote: ↑Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:21 am And please spare me the codger stories about how you walked barefoot through ten feet of snow back in the day to get your RJ coupon pipe... πŸ˜‚.
What if you live in Texas and had to walk barefoot on the hot asphalt? :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: ↑Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:29 am The pot was a nice looking pipe. I will grant you that.
It better be at 259. I once bought a Batson for 750 and it smoked like a wet snorkel.
The Troll Whisperer
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: ↑Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:30 am
Wildcat wrote: ↑Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:25 am

Cheers!!

Backpeddling? :lol:
No.

Just pulling my foot out of my mouth. Time and place.... time and place.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
vwdeano

LOL. Love this thread. I always wonder about prices, because I'm "frugal" at times...

but then I think back to all the car, motorcycle, pipe, pipe paraphernalia, razor and shaving, album, etc. purchases I've made over the years. Perhaps I'm not as "frugal" as I think I am... When I want something, I want it.
A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself.