Why can't I find the search bar?

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

There isn't much else to say besides that. There is no bubble with a magnifying glass on my screen. I am using my Mac. Sorry to bring this up, but, who knows how long it's been going on? Housekeeping the worst part of any job when something goes wrong.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

In the upper right hand corner for me.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I'm talking about my right as I look at the screen, so, the computer's left, from right to left. It says, Citizen B with a drop down menu that doesn't include search. It has that icon for PMs that never lights up. It has that icon for comment and likes notifications that rarely lights up. And, then, it has the moon icon so I can make it nighttime mode even if the sun is up.

On my lefthand side of the screen, from left to right, there is: Quick Links, which has a drop down menu that doesn't include search, Frequently Asked Questions, which is just a collection of necessary gobbledygook, and mChat, which I have no idea what that is and I am not going to click it.

No search window is visible, unless I'm missing something, which is totally possible.

The tragedy of it all is that I'm trying to find an old post in the Comics thread and I'm too impatient to read through all the archives!
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Dont know. Mine looks nothing like that
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

I often search for bars.
ever forward
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Citizen B wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:39 pm There isn't much else to say besides that. There is no bubble with a magnifying glass on my screen. I am using my Mac. Sorry to bring this up, but, who knows how long it's been going on? Housekeeping the worst part of any job when something goes wrong.
it's under the quick links in the upper left corner of the home page
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

sisyphus wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:01 pm
Citizen B wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:39 pm There isn't much else to say besides that. There is no bubble with a magnifying glass on my screen. I am using my Mac. Sorry to bring this up, but, who knows how long it's been going on? Housekeeping the worst part of any job when something goes wrong.
it's under the quick links in the upper left corner of the home page
Thanks. I didn't read that far because nothing seemed to be interesting. Has it always been there and I am misremembering things, getting this confused with another site?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

afaik the search has always been there because the method I had to inject it in a more obvious spot was clumsy and inelegant
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

It’s always been here on my devices

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:38 pm It’s always been here on my devices

Ah, so, said the wise man.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.