Knees [ holy **** ]

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I've definitely noticed more aches and pains when I'm off on my water or food intake. You didn't change boots/shoes/insoles lately have you?
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:39 pm I've definitely noticed more aches and pains when I'm off on my water or food intake. You didn't change boots/shoes/insoles lately have you?
I hadn't eaten much for a couple few days . I do that sometimes for no reason . I don't drunk enough water, no doubt.
I drink a hell of a lot of coffee They feel a little better today but I've stayed off them half the day .
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:36 pm
arturo7 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:30 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:21 pm

AH , thats a good point ... Im on it now
Barley water works too, albeit in a different manner.
Never heard of that.
. . .

aka beer
ever forward
ncrobb
Founding Member

Lol. Beer - saw that one coming.

My best friend used to use this stuff called Menthol Camphor on his knees. He blew them out playing football in college. It comes in a green tin and he got it at Cracker Barrel. I’ve used it some on aches and it works. If nothing else it reminds me of him and that always brings a smile.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Im not old, and my injuries are well documented. The only two things that consistently work for me are Blue Goo or Hemp Healing Salve. Both are easy to find. Im 100% opposed to pain killers, so theres not much to fall back on without access to MMJ.
Puff nstuff

At 56 and with some skiing and quite a bit of tennis under my belt I find that the over-the-knee pain that happens when going up stairs etc will come and go, seemingly without regard to what I have been doing, although inactivity seems to trigger it, I think.

I remember years ago having drunk so much one night that when I woke up the next day I could barely walk because my knees hurt so much - they were tight, swollen, and super sensitive. Apparently that's one thing that can happen with excessive alcohol consumption, your joints swell and become very painful; I suppose that's partly due to dehydration as well, as the liver works OT to remove all the toxins.

Anyway, stay hydrated, stay active, and I hope you're doing better. I second Arturo's suggestion, a beer couldn't hurt. 🍺
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:36 pm
arturo7 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:30 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:21 pm

AH , thats a good point ... Im on it now
Barley water works too, albeit in a different manner.
Never heard of that.
(beer)
I'm 71 and my knees are good for my age, but sometimes they just hurt. I'm overweight so that has something to do with it. But most everything hurts worse than the knees.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Update

well , my kness are back to normal for a few days now . Not sure what was going on with them . It wasnt aches and pain , it was pretty serious pain to where it was difficult to walk . I upped my water consumption and lowered my coffee intake from and ungodly number of cups down to two or three , max . I havent had any bourbon in a while as my consumption of it goes way down in warm weather ... but thats about to change ! Its getting cooler and Fall is doing its thing . Bourbon and Apple brandy , here I come !

I can still feel mild discomfort but nothing out of the ordinary and I dont really notice it unless I think and focus on it . I miss 10 cups of coffee a day and Im drinking a green tea with some herb shit I cant pronounce . I think hydration is a big part of it
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Can someone put up a poll to determine the average age of the typical PSF member?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:38 pm Can someone put up a poll to determine the average age of the typical PSF member?

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .