Pipe Shape and Flavor

Ronv69
Founding Member

Fr_Tom wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:14 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:53 pm I like the stacks for aros, and wide bowls for coins and complex vapors. English is best in a billiard or a poker. These are my ideas and I don't always follow them.
We had a user here for a while named Slowroll. He was the king of the stacks. I wonder what happened to him - relocated maybe. I have not seen him elsewhere, but maybe I have just not paid enough attention.
I have one of his excellent stacks.
He dropped off a couple of other forums at the same time. And his website is gone. I thought he was at the Den, but he disappeared at the same time. Makes you wonder.
God and Texas!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ronv69 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:37 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:14 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:53 pm I like the stacks for aros, and wide bowls for coins and complex vapors. English is best in a billiard or a poker. These are my ideas and I don't always follow them.
We had a user here for a while named Slowroll. He was the king of the stacks. I wonder what happened to him - relocated maybe. I have not seen him elsewhere, but maybe I have just not paid enough attention.
I have one of his excellent stacks.
He dropped off a couple of other forums at the same time. And his website is gone. I thought he was at the Den, but he disappeared at the same time. Makes you wonder.
I always enjoyed his posts and seeing his big ol stackpipes
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I am smoking G.L. Pease Quiet Nights flake in a tall, narrow bowled Nording Compass. It the aluminum pipe with a briar bowl sheathed in aluminum, in my case, red brushed aluminum. I didn't like this Quiet Nights when I smoked it in an MM hardwood pipe. It doesn't matter what the outside of the MM looks like, the bowls dimensions are the same as an Ozark Mountain, though I don't think this pipe is from that line.

Is it the tall, narrow bowl that makes Quiet Nights so tasty or is it the cool aluminum sheathing? I don't know. As I look at the ragtag collection of pipes lying around my desk, I don't think I am attracted to pipes just for their good looks, at least not for long----based on the way I treat them.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Middle Earth

Have a few stacks, but not sure if they enhance any blend in my experience compared to other shapes