Any NFL Fans?

mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Well damn. No one to talk football with. Oh well pipes and tobacco is good enough I guess.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
ironclad

mrpipster wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:32 pm Well damn. No one to talk football with. Oh well pipes and tobacco is good enough I guess.
Tough loss for you Thursday!

I like to watch some but I most enjoy rooting against Cheater Tom Brady and (separately) The Cowboys.
Mischief managed.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

ironclad wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:57 pm
mrpipster wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:32 pm Well damn. No one to talk football with. Oh well pipes and tobacco is good enough I guess.

I like to watch some but I most enjoy rooting against Cheater Tom Brady and (separately) The Cowboys.
What loss? Yeah I am with ya on the Tom Brady and Cowboys thing.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I saw Terry Bradshaw browsing in the Cabela’s one day in Fort Worth. I wanted his autograph but didn’t have any paper so I ran out to my car. The only thing I had was my work hat. I also had a sharpie so I took both of those in and ran him down in the fishing lures. You can see what happens from here. He told me that now I owed him one free get out of jail traffic stop. Lol

ImageImage
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
ironclad

mrpipster wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:07 pm
ironclad wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:57 pm

What loss? Yeah I am with ya on the Tom Brady and Cowboys thing.
D'oh! I am thinking of the Chargers.
Mischief managed.
ironclad

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:31 pm I saw Terry Bradshaw browsing in the Cabela’s one day in Fort Worth. I wanted his autograph but didn’t have any paper so I ran out to my car. The only thing I had was my work hat. I also had a sharpie so I took both of those in and ran him down in the fishing lures. You can see what happens from here. He told me that now I owed him one free get out of jail traffic stop. Lol

ImageImage
I met him a couple of times at the RTDA. He still is one of the best public speakers I have ever listened to and he seems like a nice guy.
Mischief managed.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

ironclad wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:08 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:31 pm I saw Terry Bradshaw browsing in the Cabela’s one day in Fort Worth. I wanted his autograph but didn’t have any paper so I ran out to my car. The only thing I had was my work hat. I also had a sharpie so I took both of those in and ran him down in the fishing lures. You can see what happens from here. He told me that now I owed him one free get out of jail traffic stop. Lol

ImageImage
I met him a couple of times at the RTDA. He still is one of the best public speakers I have ever listened to and he seems like a nice guy.
I ran into him a couple of times after that and I can tell you he is a nice guy. Walt Garrison is another down to earth guy.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ronv69
Founding Member

The only NFL player I ever met was George Blanda. He was very nice. I was little and he gave me a autographed picture and talked to me for a while. Made a fan for life.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

ImageImage
Thats a cool story !

I used to live near Bob Griese back in the 70's and played football with him and his kids
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:50 am

ImageImage
Thats a cool story !

I used to live near Bob Griese back in the 70's and played football with him and his kids
We OG Dallas fans (pre-1989) remember that Griese guy from 1971. We had to send 'em back to Miami in shame.

I grew up hating Terry Bradshaw because of the Cowboys-Steelers rivalry, but I got over it.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!