Latest Tobacco Purchase 2022

BlueRidge
Member in Good Standing

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:31 pm
BlueRidge wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:58 pm sooo can someone explain to me what happened to 14oz codger tubs? they are all 7oz now, did they change the tobacco too? wonder if any older 14s are left on rural supermarket shelves
A lot has changed. Can't speak to the why's. And they're produced in the Dominican Republic now. You may be able to luck into some of the older tubs
I have a couple "sealed" tubs and sadly half and half isn't one of them but I do have some in a jar. just realized they left Georgia. I'll have to keep an eye out next time I'm in town
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

The jack knife is going to cellar for a couple years but I was finally able to get my hands on G&H dark flake aromatic. Such an interesting smell. So excited to try it!
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

pipedrum22 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:36 pm Image

The jack knife is going to cellar for a couple years but I was finally able to get my hands on G&H dark flake aromatic. Such an interesting smell. So excited to try it!
2 of my favorties. But you shoulda got 8oz to cellar and a 2 oz to smoke now! It also comes in Ready Rubbed now. I’d Dry that Dark Flake. Pain to keep lit. Besides that its great!
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:43 pm

2 of my favorties. But you shoulda got 8oz to cellar and a 2 oz to smoke now! It also comes in Ready Rubbed now. I’d Dry that Dark Flake. Pain to keep lit. Besides that its great!
In fairness I have a LOT of opened stuff that I need to smoke before opening tins. Trying to work my way through that first haha!
rekamepip
Codger in Training

pipedrum22 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:52 pm

In fairness I have a LOT of opened stuff that I need to smoke before opening tins. Trying to work my way through that first haha!
Hard to beat the jackknife but triple play is great too
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

pipedrum22 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:52 pm

Arent we all :thumbs:
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Triple play?
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
rekamepip
Codger in Training

mrpipster wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:04 pmTriple play?
GLPease Triple Play
BlueRidge
Member in Good Standing

wvss codger order

Got a couple pipes to break in with CH/PA match blends. Walnut/Kentucky Club/Sugar Barrel matches as well. Last day of work then 4 day weekend :D
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

BlueRidge wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:22 pm wvss codger order

Got a couple pipes to break in with CH/PA match blends. Walnut/Kentucky Club/Sugar Barrel matches as well. Last day of work then 4 day weekend :D
How’s the carter hall match compared to the real thing?