Latest Tobacco Purchase 2022

BlueRidge
Member in Good Standing

pipedrum22 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:07 pm
BlueRidge wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:22 pm wvss codger order

Got a couple pipes to break in with CH/PA match blends. Walnut/Kentucky Club/Sugar Barrel matches as well. Last day of work then 4 day weekend :D
How’s the carter hall match compared to the real thing?
Just came in the mail before work, I’ll have to let you know. Still trying to figure out what happened to all the remaining otc blends and if they’re different now

Seems like I once read that what wvss sells is Chatham Manor but I could be wrong there
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

BlueRidge wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:33 pm
BlueRidge wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:22 pm wvss codger order

Got a couple pipes to break in with CH/PA match blends. Walnut/Kentucky Club/Sugar Barrel matches as well. Last day of work then 4 day weekend :D
Just came in the mail before work, I’ll have to let you know. Still trying to figure out what happened to all the remaining otc blends and if they’re different now

Seems like I once read that what wvss sells is Chatham Manor but I could be wrong there
I believe what they sell is all the Sutliff Match blends. Hearth & Home makes Chatham Manor
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:18 pm

I believe what they sell is all the Sutliff Match blends. Hearth & Home makes Chatham Manor
H&H sells Chatham Manor. Fairly certain that sutliff manufactures it for them
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:43 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:18 pm

H&H sells Chatham Manor. Fairly certain that sutliff manufactures it for them
The more you know. I only ever liked the old Carter Hall. In the Soft Luxury pouch. Tried the new stuff+ the Matchs. Wasnt a fan. H&H Sweet Cask is great. It is not the same as Sutliff match Sugar Barrel.
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

I’ve been looking to try this for a while as I’m a massive Greg Pease fan and I know this is a collaboration blend with G&H. Was fortunate to get two tins from 2017. I’m officially done with tobacco purchases for a long time…well…at least for the year 😏
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

pipedrum22 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:51 pm Image

I’ve been looking to try this for a while as I’m a massive Greg Pease fan and I know this is a collaboration blend with G&H. Was fortunate to get two tins from 2017. I’m officially done with tobacco purchases for a long time…well…at least for the year 😏
Enjoy those. That blend is no longer available
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:58 pm
pipedrum22 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:51 pm Image

Enjoy those. That blend is no longer available
Yeah I chatted with Greg about it. Lots of issues with G&H production right now so he’s not sure when or even if they’ll be able to produce it again. Luckily there’s plenty of amazing blends from Greg to still choose from.
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

Last tobacco purchase of 2022. I wanted to add some granger in there because i have never tried it but always wanted to.

"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue