What Other Spirit Are You Drinking Tonight?

Puff nstuff

Cheers, friends. We have threads for bourbon and Scotch, but sometimes we reach for other liquid delights such as Cognac, gin, or rum, so I thought we might post about those on this thread.

Tonight I'm enjoying some Plantation Original Dark rum. It's a 'double aged' blend of mostly Barbados rum blended with a small amount of long-aged Jamaican rum, and it is fantastically delicious in a very rangy way. It's got some interesting funkiness to it that I've never encountered in any other dark spirit. It's smooth and great on ice, and I would put it up alongside many whiskies in the $30-$40 range, quality-wise, but it can generally be found for a mere $20. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it; I suspect you'll thank me later if you do.

Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Silver
Certified Codger

Twining's Irish Breakfast tea with a glug of Jameson.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Puff nstuff wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:39 pm Cheers, friends. We have threads for bourbon and Scotch, but sometimes we reach for other liquid delights such as Cognac, gin, or rum, so I thought we might post about those on this thread.

Tonight I'm enjoying some Plantation Original Dark rum. It's a 'double aged' blend of mostly Barbados rum blended with a small amount of long-aged Jamaican rum, and it is fantastically delicious in a very rangy way. It's got some interesting funkiness to it that I've never encountered in any other dark spirit. It's smooth and great on ice, and I would put it up alongside many whiskies in the $30-$40 range, quality-wise, but it can generally be found for a mere $20. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it; I suspect you'll thank me later if you do.

I'll have to track some of that down. I like a snooter of rum every now and then and the bottle I bought years ago is nearly empty
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ronv69
Founding Member

I like Pussers and Pyrat rums, along with the standard Goslings. Actually, I don't think that I have ever had a rum I didn't like. Some are just better than others.
God and Texas!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:12 pm
Puff nstuff wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:39 pm Cheers, friends. We have threads for bourbon and Scotch, but sometimes we reach for other liquid delights such as Cognac, gin, or rum, so I thought we might post about those on this thread.

I'll have to track some of that down. I like a snooter of rum every now and then and the bottle I bought years ago is nearly empty
Snooter! That brings back memories. Around the holidays families would make the rounds to have a "snort." When company would drop by, dad would ask, "can I get you a snort?"
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Castillo Silver on the rocks
Puff nstuff

Wildcat wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:49 pm Castillo Silver on the rocks
What is Castillo?

Never mind, I Googled it. :thumbs:
Puff nstuff

Wildcat wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:48 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:12 pm

Snooter! That brings back memories. Around the holidays families would make the rounds to have a "snort." When company would drop by, dad would ask, "can I get you a snort?"
My dad would use that term 'snort' too, for what I took to be a quick, straight pour of (usually) whiskey. He liked Bushmill's, Glenfiddich, and various bourbons. I miss my dad. ❤
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Puff nstuff wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:40 pm I miss my dad. ❤
My heart goes out to people who, for whatever reason, can't say the same.

I'm 56 and I miss my folks and my grandparents every day. My Pa, mom's dad, passed when I was 11. What an impression he made on me in such a short time.

❤️ indeed.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Im fortunate to where I have both my parents [ 80 and 82 ] . The old man is a spazz and a pain in the ass but I dont want him going anywhere . Ma is great and Im going down to see her this coming Wednesday , God willing . Palm Coast Florida ... sunny and warm , I hope

Lairds Apple Brandy or Applejack .... Im pouring it tonight . Jennifer is going Crown Royal Apple
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.