Gotta new knife.

mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Very nice!
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Tsal wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:10 pm I've been using my Boker skinner since I can remember, it was my dad's and he gave it to me in the 80's, I learned how to sharpen knives on that knife. . I never really thought about replacing it but turning 50 gives you enough reasons to buy stuff but this time I wanted something special other than a pipe. So I asked @ncrobb to make me one and he did. I love this knife and one day I will hand it down to my first born son Reid. When he see's this thing he is going to freak out. :lol:
Rob, thank you, brother!👍
Very Nice !
That’ll be a good one to pass down
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Tsal wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:10 pm I've been using my Boker skinner since I can remember, it was my dad's and he gave it to me in the 80's, I learned how to sharpen knives on that knife. . I never really thought about replacing it but turning 50 gives you enough reasons to buy stuff but this time I wanted something special other than a pipe. So I asked @ncrobb to make me one and he did. I love this knife and one day I will hand it down to my first born son Reid. When he see's this thing he is going to freak out. :lol:
Very, very nice!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

rekamepip wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:00 pm
Very Nice !
That’ll be a good one to pass down
Thank you! He keeps eyeballin my dad's knife already. I tell him forget it. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:08 pm
Very, very nice!
Rob did a great job on this knife!
The Troll Whisperer
ncrobb
Founding Member

Lostdog5152 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:58 pm Very nice indeed! I used a drop point Buck with a gut hook back when I hunted. I could peel a deer faster than a navel orange with your new knife I bet.
Gut hooks work great for those that know and understand their purpose. I saw a guy using one to strip wire when I worked construction and made a mental note to never put one on one of my knives.

@Tsal post a pic of your Dad’s knife. I would like to see it.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Tsal
Forum Decorum

ncrobb wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:24 am
Lostdog5152 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:58 pm Very nice indeed! I used a drop point Buck with a gut hook back when I hunted. I could peel a deer faster than a navel orange with your new knife I bet.
Gut hooks work great for those that know and understand their purpose. I saw a guy using one to strip wire when I worked construction and made a mental note to never put one on one of my knives.

Sure, when I get home later.
The Troll Whisperer
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Dude! Excellent! That's a substantial little number, congrats! Sharp work, Rob
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

ncrobb wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:24 am

I have never used a gut hook for anything but its intended purpose. I used a variety of knives to dress out deer until I was hunting with a friend of.mine who used one. First day of season he got his deer. I was helping him dress it out when I first saw it used. I was amazed at how quickly and easily it split the skin without touching the meat underneath. Next evening I got a deer and he was good enough to let me use his knife. Went right out and bought a Buck knife just like his and never looked back. Ugly as hell but they sure are handy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

How in the gee willikers did I miss this thread ?!?!? Damn , Rob ... that's exquisite !!!
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.