Some insight needed on retirement

ncrobb
Founding Member

Well, I have started building back my knife business, I have a car project, wife wants to remodel the house , we do live on a farm and I’m trying to talk my brother into starting his own garage back up. I think I can stay busy year round. We will see what the next couple of months bring.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Johnny Dingo

I’m not retiring. Retirement has a deleterious effect on men in my family. Within a couple years, cognitive abilities degenerate to the point we can be elected president, then the health problems step up. Nah. Worse comes to worse, I’ll just start panhandling again.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Retirement ...

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:43 pm Retirement ...

Have fun on Lake Michigan. ;)
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:48 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:43 pm Retirement ...

Have fun on Lake Michigan. ;)
That sounds too cold :lol:
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I hope I make it ..... meaning .. I think this market is limited in time and I really wanna sell and cash out . Im nervous that by the time I get on the market soon ... itll all be over . I need this sale to happen other wise it might be another decade before I can have a retirement plan again

Jeez .. I feel the tic tok of the clock
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Been retired for almost a year. The Mrs and I do some traveling and do crossfit 3-4 days a week. We do little projects around the house in winter. Some baseball games and fishing in spring, summer and fall.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:00 am I hope I make it ..... meaning .. I think this market is limited in time and I really wanna sell and cash out . Im nervous that by the time I get on the market soon ... itll all be over . I need this sale to happen other wise it might be another decade before I can have a retirement plan again

I know this feeling. It is the worst, second-guessing what is going to happen.

Things always work out for the best one way or the other. Be careful what you wish for. If something doesn't happen today, it is for a reason. Something better will happen tomorrow.

You and I are in similar boats. It will all work out in the end. Patience and faith are both virtues.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Citizen B wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:36 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:00 am I hope I make it ..... meaning .. I think this market is limited in time and I really wanna sell and cash out . Im nervous that by the time I get on the market soon ... itll all be over . I need this sale to happen other wise it might be another decade before I can have a retirement plan again

Things always work out for the best one way or the other. Be careful what you wish for. If something doesn't happen today, it is for a reason. Something better will happen tomorrow.

You and I are in similar boats. It will all work out in the end. Patience and faith are both virtues.
FJB
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:49 pm
Citizen B wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:36 pm

Just because something has been said before, ad infinitum, doesn't make it any less true.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.