Some insight needed on retirement

Riff89

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:48 pm I retired at 50. I can stay busier than a one armed paperhanger or I can loaf around. I can be inside or outside. I can go out or I can stay home. Best of all is the totally unrestricted smoking. Being retired is super great and recommend it for anyone and everyone.

ps Usually I choose to loaf around :lol:
I didn’t know you baked…
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Riff89 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:10 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:48 pm I retired at 50. I can stay busier than a one armed paperhanger or I can loaf around. I can be inside or outside. I can go out or I can stay home. Best of all is the totally unrestricted smoking. Being retired is super great and recommend it for anyone and everyone.

I didn’t know you baked…
:lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:03 pm Im going to play a lot of guitar when I do ... thats a given
My nephew was going to do that. He played restaurants 4 nights a week besides his day job. Came down with Parkinsons just before he retired.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:38 pm Hmmm .. the more I think about it and listening to you guys , lol , Im veering toward becoming a deviant :twisted:
Uh, too late dude
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

I wanted to take long motorcycle trips when I retired, along with walking tours of Europe. I haven't been on the trike but twice in 3 years and once was to move it up here. I don't make plans anymore.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Riff89 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:10 pm

I didn’t know you baked…
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ronv69 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:14 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:03 pm Im going to play a lot of guitar when I do ... thats a given
My nephew was going to do that. He played restaurants 4 nights a week besides his day job. Came down with Parkinsons just before he retired.
gee willikers
Silver
Certified Codger

I'm still learning this retirement game (officially, it was July 1. But had vacation days to burn, so May 20-something), It was easy in the summer and fall. There was plenty of outdoor stuff to keep me busy. Winter is a bit different. Especially, now that the holidays are over. I like to keep busy. I've got some projects lined up around the house and hobbies to keep me amused. But winters are long here in Michigan. We'll see how the next 3 months go.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Silver wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:24 pm I'm still learning this retirement game (officially, it was July 1. But had vacation days to burn, so May 20-something), It was easy in the summer and fall. There was plenty of outdoor stuff to keep me busy. Winter is a bit different. Especially, now that the holidays are over. I like to keep busy. I've got some projects lined up around the house and hobbies to keep me amused. But winters are long here in Michigan. We'll see how the next 3 months go.
Thats what Im talking about . Im thinking maybe to work during winter .. I mean , sitting around inside .. I can only take so much of it
Silver
Certified Codger

That might be where I end up. Not sure what kind of work I'd want to do Jan-Mar. Definitely not plowing snow. Taking it as it comes right now.