We'd Like Your Reviews

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

kschatey wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:19 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:16 pm
kschatey wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:15 pm It's not really clear to me why Laudisi isn't actually ordering more then as there is clearly still demand. The only ones benefiting from the restricted supply are the flippers.
It's a "unlimited supply of limited supply" business model
Ah, totally makes sense now! :lol:
Look at it this way. They know that they can place an order today and receive it in let's say a month. Within the next week every single scrap of it is sold out by them and by their retailers. It's a guaranteed turn and burn on their investments. Why would they want to take the shine off of a product like that? If you spend enough money to keep an overstock of product, you have money tied up not working for you. You keep that unlimited supply of limited supply as a nice shiny diamond and that shit continues to be a fat shot in the arm financially every quarter
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
kschatey

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:28 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:16 pm

It's a "unlimited supply of limited supply" business model
Look at it this way. They know that they can place an order today and receive it in let's say a month. Within the next week every single scrap of it is sold out by them and by their retailers. It's a guaranteed turn and burn on their investments. Why would they want to take the shine off of a product like that? If you spend enough money to keep an overstock of product, you have money tied up not working for you. You keep that unlimited supply of limited supply as a nice shiny diamond and that shit continues to be a fat shot in the arm financially every quarter
Both GH&Co and people from SP/Laudisi are active in other forums where people are constantly bitching about supply, GGH&Co. points the finger at distributors (in general), and Laudisi remains completely silent on it. From a cash flow standpoint it makes sense to keep the supply limited so that it is all guaranteed to sell out and no money is just sitting on the shelves. To some degree I sometimes wonder if they choose to keep the supply lower to also help push their own limited products, etc. Whatever; business is business. I'm not in the group constantly asking for more GH&Co. product (although I really do enjoy them), but it is interesting to watch finger pointing!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

kschatey wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:02 pm
Both GH&Co and people from SP/Laudisi are active in other forums where people are constantly bitching about supply, GGH&Co. points the finger at distributors (in general), and Laudisi remains completely silent on it. From a cash flow standpoint it makes sense to keep the supply limited so that it is all guaranteed to sell out and no money is just sitting on the shelves. To some degree I sometimes wonder if they choose to keep the supply lower to also help push their own limited products, etc. Whatever; business is business. I'm not in the group constantly asking for more GH&Co. product (although I really do enjoy them), but it is interesting to watch finger pointing!
It is a good time. You don't see many people on the other side of the pond begging for product. So I tend to believe the manufacturer on this one. Laudisi (and any business) has one goal and that is to turn a profit. The current situation with GH in the states provides them a easy opportunity to do just that. Look at the things Laudisi owns and their business models. It's not difficult to spot a trend
kschatey

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:17 pm
kschatey wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:02 pm

It is a good time. You don't see many people on the other side of the pond begging for product. So I tend to believe the manufacturer on this one. Laudisi (and any business) has one goal and that is to turn a profit. The current situation with GH in the states provides them a easy opportunity to do just that. Look at the things Laudisi owns and their business models. It's not difficult to spot a trend
I just want more BJLong tapered pipe cleaners. It's the small things that keep me going. Everything has a supply chain issue right now though... ;)
Jlando19

Pretty interesting that a rep joined the forum and actually gave some credible feedback. That’s doing a lot more than some.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Silver
Certified Codger

Jlando19 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:50 pm Pretty interesting that a rep joined the forum and actually gave some credible feedback. That’s doing a lot more than some.
And then disappeared after a handful of posts.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Silver wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:24 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:50 pm Pretty interesting that a rep joined the forum and actually gave some credible feedback. That’s doing a lot more than some.
A smaller forum with a handful of fans ain't their target demographic
kschatey

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:36 pm
Nope. Mostly only occasionally posts on one or two of the other forums. But that's fine, I'm here. What more do you people need?! ;)
Wildcat
Codger in Training

kschatey wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:00 pm... What more do you people need?! ;)
Got any gum?
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Puff nstuff

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:36 pm
I would respectfully disagree. Remember, they came here soliciting reviews of their products by our members. Why? I believe it's because although our active membership on the forum is small, PSF punches well above its weight. The knowledge, enthusiasm, and experience that is demonstrated among a relatively concentrated number of members here cannot be overstated. And in that respect, some PSF members are influencers - so GH want to hear from us about their tobaccos.
As far as Rachel sticking around to engage in more banter, I don't blame her for not doing so; she had a purpose, and she fulfilled it. She probably monitors the site and the posts she is involved in, but honestly if I were in her position, I wouldn't want to endure more sniping about supply issues, which is what inevitably happens on the forums (I've seen it plenty elsewhere).
Think about it: they make a super-high quality product using methods and technology that are centuries old. They can only make so much of it that way, but it's their choice, and it's probably why their product is so unique. And now in the internet age with all the connectivity we have as a result, everyone, from the actual everyday users of their products in the UK and EU and USA, to the hoarders and the speculators and the developing markets (China, etc) - EVERYONE wants their product. There's only so much she can say to the complaints about customers not being able to find their product, or the vacuum seal of the tins, or whatever; I'm sure it gets tiresome, and sometimes it's probably better to duck out than get pulled into the same rabbit holes. Me, I'm willing to look past those issues and work a little harder to obtain and store their products.
GH and Laudisi can point fingers at each other all day long, but the real problem is the limited availability of the product, and unless GH can up production, it will remain a problem. They're a victim of their own success.
And so they don't really NEED us as customers - but I'd wager they WANT us nevertheless. Just my three cents.
:thumbs:
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪