We'd Like Your Reviews

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Well , Id be more than happy to give reviews ... however , it would be a chore to even buy your products .. for the last few years . Frankly , Ive given up some time ago

A couple suggestions

1. Crank up production

or

2. Make arrangements with your vendors to put a smaller cap on individual retail sales , in order for people to actually be able to buy your products .

Its obvious you have great products but have dropped the ball in such a big way for a few years ... that until your product is available , I'd give them a 1 out of 10 . What good is something you cant get ?

Thats my review for the time being
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Puff nstuff

Rachel @gawithhoggarth, thank you for reaching out to our forum! I saw this on another forum as well, and I think it's great that the company is interacting directly with its customer base. I'm a relative newcomer to pipe smoking myself and have only ever tried Hansom Flake, which may have been a one-off product for P&C. I really like it, but it's also not on the current list of options for review. Which leads me to a question: what of G&H's current offerings might be similar to Hansom Flake?
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
sisyphus
Person of Interest

super cool, we are big, big fans of your tobacco!
Liberty cannot be purchased by a wish.
Thomas Paine
gawithhoggarth

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:52 pm Well , Id be more than happy to give reviews ... however , it would be a chore to even buy your products .. for the last few years . Frankly , Ive given up some time ago

A couple suggestions

1. Crank up production

or

2. Make arrangements with your vendors to put a smaller cap on individual retail sales , in order for people to actually be able to buy your products .

Its obvious you have great products but have dropped the ball in such a big way for a few years ... that until your product is available , I'd give them a 1 out of 10 . What good is something you cant get ?

I am not sure where you are but we have actually increased production to the USA massively in the last 18 months. However, we are a very small company (just 30 people) producing many hand made and hand packed products in a traditional way. It is simply not possible to just "crank up" production. Some of our machinery is the same used for nearly 200 years! Other products take 2 or 3 people many weeks to produce any significant amounts as it is made in time honoured ways. We are working closely with the distributor to increase production and supply but it is going to take time and much investment for the company.

We do not work directly with vendors so are not able to do this. We sell via a distributor in each country due to rules and regulations for the registration, import, taxation and selling of tobacco products. I know a number of vendors allow people to pre-order or put a hold on stock.

Completely disagree with have dropped the ball. The company is under new 'family' management, has invested greatly in the last couple of years and made massive strides in many areas. The fact that the products sell out in a matter of days only attests to this.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

I think most of us realize that tobacco producers like Gawith Hoggarth and Germain are very small companies whose product has a global following. There will never be enough supply for the demand. To my mind that in no way diminishes my view of the product. I know that I have three or four chances a year to buy what I want, and I wait and purchase accordingly.

I wouldn't take any criticisms about availability to heart. It's human nature to complain about everything, and honestly if people complain about the availability of your product it's a sign you are doing something very right. To my mind Gawith Hoggarth is the premiere pipe tobacco producer in the whole world, responsible for my favorite blends and gives me a window to a pipe smoking experience that is increasingly hard to find in the modern world.
Liberty cannot be purchased by a wish.
Thomas Paine
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Please bring back dark plug rose geranium, please. It's the marmite of tobacco. :D
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

gawithhoggarth wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:00 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:52 pm Well , Id be more than happy to give reviews ... however , it would be a chore to even buy your products .. for the last few years . Frankly , Ive given up some time ago

A couple suggestions

1. Crank up production

or

I am not sure where you are but we have actually increased production to the USA massively in the last 18 months. However, we are a very small company (just 30 people) producing many hand made and hand packed products in a traditional way. It is simply not possible to just "crank up" production. Some of our machinery is the same used for nearly 200 years! Other products take 2 or 3 people many weeks to produce any significant amounts as it is made in time honoured ways. We are working closely with the distributor to increase production and supply but it is going to take time and much investment for the company.

We do not work directly with vendors so are not able to do this. We sell via a distributor in each country due to rules and regulations for the registration, import, taxation and selling of tobacco products. I know a number of vendors allow people to pre-order or put a hold on stock.

Completely disagree with have dropped the ball. The company is under new 'family' management, has invested greatly in the last couple of years and made massive strides in many areas. The fact that the products sell out in a matter of days only attests to this.
Theres got to be a way . Sorry , thats just how I approach any issue . I realize that things arent simple
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

FWIW, I have recently ordered some more Kendal Kentucky and am down to "shake" in the open 500 g bag. I am a fan.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

I have not been able to try as many G&H tobaccos as I would like due to the availability issues. 1792 Flake and Coniston Cut Plug are absolutely delicious. I was just able to purchase Rum Twist, Rum Flake, and Brown Bogie but have not smoked any yet. I would be glad to do reviews of G&H products to the limited extent of my abilities as soon as I am able to send some more of it up in smoke. Soon...very soon.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Lostdog5152 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:55 am I have not been able to try as many G&H tobaccos as I would like due to the availability issues. 1792 Flake and Coniston Cut Plug are absolutely delicious. I was just able to purchase Rum Twist, Rum Flake, and Brown Bogie but have not smoked any yet. I would be glad to do reviews of G&H products to the limited extent of my abilities as soon as I am able to send some more of it up in smoke. Soon...very soon.
Rum twist is fantastic! For many years that was an everyday smoke of mine.
The Troll Whisperer