So long old friend.

rekamepip
Codger in Training

Next they will be coming for Prince Albert, Sir Walter Raleigh or the likes of anyone that looks like that
😳
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I dont recall anyone mentioning legal action against red man . If theyre gonna puss out and change a name ... what not have a logo of a colonist and a " native American " smoking together ... or ... the Indian handing over tobacco to theevil white devil ... Blame it on them , the bastids and rename it Red Man :lol:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

I have news for them that they would already know if their marketing people had the brains of a grasshopper. The anti-tobacco people and the cultural appropriation people are going to come after them anyway. I just wonder what would happen to Beverly Hillbilly reruns if people (or more likely person) raised hell about it. It done for Dukes of Hazard. Not because of the redneck character portrayals though. It was that reprehensible flag that thousands of American Southerners fought and died for painted on the car. Then they had the audacity to name the traitorous vehicle General Lee. Patton has to go. He was an unabashed bigot as he put forth in no uncertain terms in his book "War as I Knew It". Maybe we should erase him from history. His grandfather was a Confederate officer. Enough reason right there. Jimmy Carter's grandmother refused to sleep in the Lincoln bedroom in the Whitehouse. Might as well get that presidential cracker too. So much to ban and destroy, so little time.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:35 pm I dont recall anyone mentioning legal action against red man . If theyre gonna puss out and change a name ... what not have a logo of a colonist and a " native American " smoking together ... or ... the Indian handing over tobacco to theevil white devil ... Blame it on them , the bastids and rename it Red Man :lol:
With all the warnings plastered over tobacco products these days they could leave the Indian and add a tombstone. Rename it Redman's Revenge.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

:lol:
Piping Abe wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:42 pm Why would we want to erase Native American Heritage? They should of named it Commander’s Chew
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Puff nstuff wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:43 pm Well, if they didn't want lose millions defending a cultural misappropriation lawsuit, probably Pinkerton made the right decision. But they surely could have come up with some better alternatives than America's Best, which seems pretty lame in an almost sarcastic way. How about something edgier like Dead Man, or Red Ant with a big angry red ant head? Or Red Clam.
Or Red Head, with a saucy, sexy, busty redhead? That's something could get behind, so to speak. 😂
Red Apple Tobacco
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Puff nstuff

Or Red Herring!

Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

This is just crazy. I'm going to buy a pouch today. I havent had any in a long time.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:42 pm Why would we want to erase Native American Heritage? They should of named it Commander’s Chew :lol:
Like this.

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/02/10773650 ... m-new-name
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Hawkwood

Pretty soon there will be no depictions of Indians anywhere. Why would anyone want that?