Man Moments

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ronv69 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:45 pm
Tsal wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:43 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:03 pm

Has Honor changed? I have been reading some "balanced" reviews from some lefties and they have absolutely no idea about honor. They have no definition or conception of the word. If we use honor as a standard that everyone should have, we need to be aware that kids aren't learning it. I read Sam Houston's biography when I was a kid. When he left home his mother told him that if he didn't lead an honorable life, she never wanted to see him again. He went through some bad years, an alcoholic known as "The Big Drunk" more often than Sam, but in the end he made her proud.
Honor has many forms, it depends on who you ask and what type of situation they are in. If your just generalizing knowing good from bad then I would hope people have common sense.
Not that many and it's not just right from wrong. If you ask someone without honor, does it matter what they say?
It will matter to someone.
The Troll Whisperer
Ronv69
Founding Member

I began to sense faintly that secrecy is the keystone of all tyranny. Not force, but secrecy, censorship. When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, ‘This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know,’ the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything—you can’t conquer a free man; the most you can do is to kill him.
RAH
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Well , here goes my thought on the honor less ..... theyre shit . God and their mom may love them and thats fine
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Well, here goes my thought on honor---

The world could use a few more John Waynes right about now.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
CoreyR
Founding Member

I had thought that honor was completely forgotten by all but myself in todays world. It is good t see a discussion going about it.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:29 pm This dude deserves a statue

https://dailynewsreported.com/food/a-ma ... y-pudding/
Not all heroes wear capes :lol:
Ronv69
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:29 pm This dude deserves a statue

https://dailynewsreported.com/food/a-ma ... y-pudding/
Absolutely! 👍👍👍👍
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:38 pm Well, here goes my thought on honor---

No, he was a REAL racist. But he made some good movies. Remember that the words were written by someone else in a very different time. He came to believe that he was his character. His statements outside of the movies show his real character. Of course, no one is perfect, but I believe that we need someone who LIVES like Wayne ACTED.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:01 pm
Citizen B wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:38 pm Well, here goes my thought on honor---

No, he was a REAL racist. But he made some good movies. Remember that the words were written by someone else in a very different time. He came to believe that he was his character. His statements outside of the movies show his real character. Of course, no one is perfect, but I believe that we need someone who LIVES like Wayne ACTED.
Never mind. After thinking about it, he wasn't any worse than any other highly respected person.
God and Texas!