Reginal Beer back in the day

Puff nstuff

When I went back to Wisconsin as a youngin' with my parents, Dad used to always seek out Heileman's Old Style and Special Export. I think I remember drinking some Heileman's on a flight back in the '80s, come to think of it. I remember liking it.

Anyone remember drinking Primo beer from Hawaii back in the day?
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Because
U
Deserve
What
Every
Individual
Should
Enjoy
Regularly

That is as local as it gets round here

By the time I purchased beer the “local” availability was determined by popular demand
Our small town bars and our 1 grocery store only carried a limited selection
Budweiser was for the cool drinkers
PBR and Stag was designated RedNeck
Coors was for wimps
Natural Lite was for Thursday (before payday)

We could go to neighboring City and get a wide selection of drinks but that didn’t happen very often
:buddy:
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Puff nstuff wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:42 am When I went back to Wisconsin as a youngin' with my parents, Dad used to always seek out Heileman's Old Style and Special Export. I think I remember drinking some Heileman's on a flight back in the '80s, come to think of it. I remember liking it.

Anyone remember drinking Primo beer from Hawaii back in the day?
Thats another one Ive never seen before .. cool :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

the brewery shut down when I was a senior in high school, but this Omaha produced beer was my dad's choice my whole childhood. I could tolerate the long neck bottles but it wasn't my favorite.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Old Dutch, Strohs, Hamms, Blatz are what I remember being drank when I was a wee un.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I was too young to taste it but. I did carry a torch for Miss Olde Frothingslosh for a while. I kept a can with her portrait on my bedroom shelf. Marsha Phillips. She was quite a dame. https://beerinfo.com/the-story-of-miss- ... -phillips/
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
HSigurdsson

My uncle from Georgia comes up here to WNY a few times a year. He always packs his trunk with Genny Crean Ale, Genny Red Eyes, salt rising bread and Johnnys sause....a local hotdog joint(Johnnys Lunch) with a meat sause only available in the NE USA.
The only local beer I ever drank was Utica Club and Iron City, which is more of a Pittsburgh thing but was available here sometimes.
Not sure if Black Label was a regional beer, but we drank a LOT of that stuff in the early 1990s.
It only came in bottles in a thick cardboard box of 24 bottles. If you brought the empty bottles and box back to the brewery, they would give you a new one at half price. It was like $6 for a case. :)
daveinlax

Puff nstuff wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:42 am When I went back to Wisconsin as a youngin' with my parents, Dad used to always seek out Heileman's Old Style and Special Export.
I live a mile from the former G Heileman brewery. Heileman grew by (and was hated for) buying up regional brands. They suffered the same fate when they were bought up and the brewery closed. The brewery is not the showplace of its heyday but survives as a contract brewer owned by a venture capital company. As of last year they are brewing Old Style again for who ever owns the brand these days.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:42 pm

I was too young to taste it but. I did carry a torch for Miss Olde Frothingslosh for a while. I kept a can with her portrait on my bedroom shelf. Marsha Phillips. She was quite a dame. https://beerinfo.com/the-story-of-miss- ... -phillips/
omg :D
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Pearl and Lone Star were popular when I was a kid. Saw a lot of Budweiser ads, but I don't remember anyone drinking it. Shiner was just in the central Texas German towns back then. I mean, the people who lived there spoke German as their first language. Saw a lot of Falstaff. Strohs was the first beer that I ever liked. Abita is coming on strong lately in Louisiana and East Texas, but I haven't had one. I first had Mexican beer in 1969 and I was impressed. It was a Tres Equis. The second one I added the salt and lime. My favorite beer at the moment is Dos Equies Amber. I can't say why 2 Xs is better than 3Xs.
God and Texas!