Sanctum Sanctorum

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I am stuck at home supervising some kind of renovations to the inn. I am rarely at home during the day, so I am stuck in my sanctum sanctorum, what guests to La Belle like to call my "man cave." I do not think of it as a man cave so much as my office. I call it "the shed, as in, "I'll be in the shed," or, "You can always find me in the shed in the evening."

The shed is where I mainly smoke pipes and cigars. I do this while I am reading and writing and painting and doing whatever it is I do with my free time. I am making a Civil War diorama today out of soldiers I purchased at Dollar General---the high quality kind.

I have collected a number of wooden cigar boxes, the kind with the sliding doors, and I glued them together and it is the centerpiece of my desk in the shed. It is where I store all my smoking accoutrements and things that I might need in a pinch without going to the main house, like a needle and thread, or a piece of scotch tape, floss, things like that.

Here is a photo:

It is about three feet tall. I have decided to stop adding to it before it topples over. It has been turned out to be very handy.

As you can see, my desk is total chaos. It is a wonder that I ever get anything done. You should see the rest of the room. It is as cluttered as my mind.

I am curious if anyone else has a dedicated place where they repose for a contemplative smoke in order to restore your peace of mind and solve the world's problems in your head.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ronv69
Founding Member

I have a shop that I haven't been able to get to for a while. That's a huge bowl on that Kirsten. Morta?
God and Texas!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ronv69 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:38 pm I have a shop that I haven't been able to get to for a while. That's a huge bowl on that Kirsten. Morta?
I have had that Kirsten so long, I have forgotten all its details. Once you have one, who needs another? I am neither a collector nor a connoisseur of these things. It is one of my go-to pipes, however, beating out many others in my collection.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:01 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:38 pm I have a shop that I haven't been able to get to for a while. That's a huge bowl on that Kirsten. Morta?
I have had that Kirsten so long, I have forgotten all its details. Once you have one, who needs another? I am neither a collector nor a connoisseur of these things. It is one of my go-to pipes, however, beating out many others in my collection.
Well, I have 3, but that's just me and I have way too many pipes.
God and Texas!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ronv69 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:03 pm
I think I have too many pipes but I probably have less than you do.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

My garage / back yard / patio is where I do the vast majority of my smoking. Then of course there's camping etc but long story short I'm basically always smoking in the great outdoors
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

I've tried to set up my garage as best and as cheap as i can for a contemplative smoke. If dreams came true it would be the office in the house (its a rental so no smoking) Surrounded by my books, and chess pieces
"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue
Ronv69
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:05 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:03 pm

I think I have too many pipes but I probably have less than you do.
I only have 210-220. Very middle of the road. 😉
God and Texas!
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Usually out in the garage or on the front porch is the smoking area.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Where I tinker and smoke during spring, summer and fall. Too cold for all but brief winter visits.

My Fortress of Solitude where I think great thoughts and smoke the occasional aromatic.

I too am a fan of clutter.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom