What Are Your Favorite Breakfast Cereals?

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ronv69 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:46 pm How many Mrs Kings are extant?
The third Mrs. King is the last. She is still alive. She is coming home tonight after a few days' absence. I can't wait!

The previous two Mrs. Kings are still alive, as well, and they seem to be as doing as well as might be suspected.

Thank you for asking.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:18 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:22 pm Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Chex (any variety but corn was probably my favorite)
Grape Nuts
Lucky Charms
Raisin Bran
Do you put sugar in the Chex, Grape Nuts, and Raisin Bran?

Grape Nuts is a favorite if mine too. My step-dad ate them in unsweetened apple juice instead of milk. Not flooded with it, just enough to cover the cereal then it would absorb the juice. Where the hell he ever got that idea I do not know, but I tried it and it’s pretty damn good!
When I was a kid, if. If we had no milk, mom would pour orange juice over our cereal. No milk? No OJ? Dry or water. The choice was ours.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Ronv69
Founding Member

Wildcat wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:58 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:18 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:22 pm Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Chex (any variety but corn was probably my favorite)
Grape Nuts
Lucky Charms
Raisin Bran
Do you put sugar in the Chex, Grape Nuts, and Raisin Bran?

Grape Nuts is a favorite if mine too. My step-dad ate them in unsweetened apple juice instead of milk. Not flooded with it, just enough to cover the cereal then it would absorb the juice. Where the hell he ever got that idea I do not know, but I tried it and it’s pretty damn good!
When I was a kid, if. If we had no milk, mom would pour orange juice over our cereal. No milk? No OJ? Dry or water. The choice was ours.
I have heard that there is a new cereal that is made for eating with OJ. I don't expect to see in my bucolic neighborhood.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Which arent favorites would be a much shorter list .. but ill try

Corn flakes with banana and honey is my drop dead almost favorite thing to eat . I like trying all brands of them as they have nuance differences and larger differences ..... I love every one of them . If somehow it was the best thing for you to eat ...jeez , that would be beauiful

The not as easy to find King Vitamin . It will rip the roof of your mouth but thats how the vitamins are delivered . I love that stuff

Life is the one Im kinda into lately

Any " shit for you " cereal ma didnt want you to have .. theres at least 50 , lol

My brother and I , way back in time when we were young , really liked Quisp cereal . It was the favorite for us both

A must try is the generic fruity pebbles ... the flavoring and aroma are twice fruity pebbles . If it were an aromatic , it would be a high aromatic that was over the top ... Its freaking awesome !! It contains some kind of crack , so heads up

Captn Crunch just the berries is freakin decadent in a way . All the Captn Crunch stuff is a favorite while eating it

Sugar smacks .. theyre called something tamer these days , which is limp imo , but those are off the map and is a favorite while eating them too .. its not like youd to quit half way through the bowl

Corn Pops .... Omg . Theyre freaky huge and awesome . The aroma it gives off must be similar to what cows experience while eating grass . Ever think about that ? A cow is just all focused on grass . Corn pops is like grazing and I freaking love it

Frosted mini wheats .... About as good as it gets

Grape nut Flakes are super fantastic . I dont enjoy the nuts any more . Their aroma is heavenly

Count Chocula , Boo Berry and Frankenberry .... those were like holy grail and my Ma was very much against getting them , though we broke her down a couple times . Im assuming we were merciless

There are so many more but I think thats a good snap shot :)
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
kschatey

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:05 pm Corn Pops .... Omg . Theyre freaky huge and awesome . The aroma it gives off must be similar to what cows experience while eating grass . Ever think about that ? A cow is just all focused on grass . Corn pops is like grazing and I freaking love it
Totally forgot about Corn Pops! It's been so long since I've had them... Too long. Definitely getting a box at the store tomorrow!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

As many have said, there are so many good ones. Some of my favorites are Oh’s and Honey Bunches of Oats. The sugary ones I can eat all day are Cookie Crisp, Cocoa Pebbles, Oreo’s brand is amazing, Trix- the ones with the shapes of fruit not the plain ones now, Lucky Charms. They’re all fantastic. I can eat cereal everyday. Even Special K is good
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:05 pm Which arent favorites would be a much shorter list .. but ill try

Corn flakes with banana and honey is my drop dead almost favorite thing to eat . I like trying all brands of them as they have nuance differences and larger differences ..... I love every one of them . If somehow it was the best thing for you to eat ...jeez , that would be beauiful

The not as easy to find King Vitamin . It will rip the roof of your mouth but thats how the vitamins are delivered . I love that stuff

Any " shit for you " cereal ma didnt want you to have .. theres at least 50 , lol

My brother and I , way back in time when we were young , really liked Quisp cereal . It was the favorite for us both

A must try is the generic fruity pebbles ... the flavoring and aroma are twice fruity pebbles . If it were an aromatic , it would be a high aromatic that was over the top ... Its freaking awesome !! It contains some kind of crack , so heads up

Captn Crunch just the berries is freakin decadent in a way . All the Captn Crunch stuff is a favorite while eating it

Sugar smacks .. theyre called something tamer these days , which is limp imo , but those are off the map and is a favorite while eating them too .. its not like youd to quit half way through the bowl

Corn Pops .... Omg . Theyre freaky huge and awesome . The aroma it gives off must be similar to what cows experience while eating grass . Ever think about that ? A cow is just all focused on grass . Corn pops is like grazing and I freaking love it

Grape nut Flakes are super fantastic . I dont enjoy the nuts any more . Their aroma is heavenly

Count Chocula , Boo Berry and Frankenberry .... those were like holy grail and my Ma was very much against getting them , though we broke her down a couple times . Im assuming we were merciless

My brother liked Quisp and I always liked Quake. Same damn cereal, just different shapes! We still fought over which was better though. lol

Yeah, I live Geape Nuts Flakes. Better than the nut kind!

King Vitamin, have breakfast with the King! We ate these in like 71 or 72…I haven’t seen KV in years and years.

The Mslt O Meal fruity Pebbles in a 5 lb bag is almost as exciting as a 5 lb bag of tobacco!
FJB
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:05 pm Which arent favorites would be a much shorter list .. but ill try

John, this is great stuff! You should have a blog or at least a regular column in a newspaper. 👍
God and Texas!