I've got nothing to say. You?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Silver
Certified Codger

Yum.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Love them

Being a local tavern in the area a lot of people love and make this recipe. They're the only ones I've had
https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/joe-jost ... gs/2227863
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I guess its like pickled pigs feet ... I pass on those too . My uncle ate the hell out of pigs feet , they werent pickled .. he made them at home . He always tried to get me to try them . I just had old testament stuff going on in my head and couldnt do it . Its not like there wasnt lasagna around too

They got pickled eggs and pickled pink hot dog looking things around these parts in large glass jars at the gas stations . Sometime I stare at them awhile
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:09 pm I guess its like pickled pigs feet ... I pass on those too . My uncle ate the hell out of pigs feet , they werent pickled .. he made them at home . He always tried to get me to try them . I just had old testament stuff going on in my head and couldnt do it . Its not like there wasnt lasagna around too

They got pickled eggs and pickled pink hot dog looking things around these parts in large glass jars at the gas stations . Sometime I stare at them awhile
Pickled eggs are nothing like pickled pigs' feet or pickled sausage, a pork-and-surplus-chicken-byproduct. Pickled eggs are eggs, wholesome and nutritious. They go well which a White Owl cigar.

Do still have one of your sons make YouTube videos of you doing improbable things? You should smoke a White Owl on your back porch and eat a pickled egg and give us a review. I am sure that will set this whizzbang of a thread on fire.

See what I just did there? I goaded you. You don't have to take the bait. You and I have equal measures of testosterone. We have nothing to prove to each other. I am only planting a seed in you head. Think about it.

Once you try pickled eggs, you'll never eat scrambled again. ;)
Last edited by Citizen B on Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Jlando19

Spicy pickled quails eggs were pretty common in the gas stations in Louisiana where I grew up. Loved those things.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Jlando19 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:18 pm Spicy pickled quails eggs were pretty common in the gas stations in Louisiana where I grew up. Loved those things.
Correctamundo. Cajuns love spicy pickled quail eggs. They eat them like malted milk balls. I won't bore you with the stories about how I have witnessed this. Cajuns sniff those pickled quail eggs out like a dog hears a dog whistle.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Jlando19

Citizen B wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:25 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:18 pm Spicy pickled quails eggs were pretty common in the gas stations in Louisiana where I grew up. Loved those things.
Correctamundo. Cajuns love spicy pickled quail eggs. They eat them like malted milk balls. I won't bore you with the stories about how I have witnessed this. Cajuns sniff those pickled quail eggs out like a dog hears a dog whistle.
You ain’t lying.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Pickled eggs, pickled pigs feet,, and cold beer. A staple in my diet back in my drinking days in the dive bars I frequented all too regularly. I would have tried pickled quail eggs had I ever seen any. When my beer consumption stopped my consumption of these delicacies trailed off drastically. I try a small jar of pigs feet or eggs now and then when I see them in the supermarket Just not the same without the beer.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

delicious, as are pickled polish sausage
I hope our names are touching on the watch list