Whip out the Woodies

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Silver wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:49 pm Can you warm the stem with a candle and remove the rest of the stinger?
Not sure yet. It's broken back into the stem. I was thinking about seeing if I could get a ez out to grab and back it out but that strikes me as a do or die kind of move
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

In other news, greywoodie has some cool NOS kaywoodie rusticas up
https://greywoodie.com/collections/kayw ... pes?page=1
Silver
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:54 pm
Silver wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:49 pm Can you warm the stem with a candle and remove the rest of the stinger?
Not sure yet. It's broken back into the stem. I was thinking about seeing if I could get a ez out to grab and back it out but that strikes me as a do or die kind of move
If you can warm the stem just enough, it should pull out with maybe an ez out or coarse thread screw jammed into the end. Then you just need a new stinger. I might even have one.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:19 pm Well I'm bummed. I was cleaning the kaywoodie handmade zulu the other day after a smoke and the damn stinger busted right off of the stem. Actually looks like a old injury that I didn't notice when it arrived. Not sure what can be done, if anything, so it's out of commission
Clip it so you can put a vasalined pipe cleaner through it and super glue it back in. If it fails you're no worse off. Maybe don't clip it even... A pipe cleaner will pass through a 4 hole. I just think they smoke better clipped.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
kschatey

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:58 pm In other news, greywoodie has some cool NOS kaywoodie rusticas up
Ah man, there's at least two that I want. I need to get rid of some other pipes that I never smoke!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:58 pm In other news, greywoodie has some cool NOS kaywoodie rusticas up
So I clicked the link...

I really don't like you.

That Kaywoodie Red-Root Tapered Panel pipe is coming home with me as long as it's still there when I get home.

Have I said I don't like you?
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Silver wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:02 pm
If you can warm the stem just enough, it should pull out with maybe an ez out or coarse thread screw jammed into the end. Then you just need a new stinger. I might even have one.
We're on the same page as far as removal goes. I'll probably give it a whirl this evening
Wildcat
Codger in Training

kschatey wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:15 pm
Ah man, there's at least two that I want. I need to get rid of some other pipes that I never smoke!
I'll be needing to rid myself of something now too, it would appear.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Wildcat wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:22 pm
So I clicked the link...

I really don't like you.

That Kaywoodie Red-Root Tapered Panel pipe is coming home with me as long as it's still there when I get home.

Have I said I don't like you?
You're welcome! Glad to be of service. The world is full of folks who don't like me and I just continue on my merry way :lol:
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:23 pm
Silver wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:02 pm

We're on the same page as far as removal goes. I'll probably give it a whirl this evening
I've done the heat and freeze repeat with good results. I've applied heat directly to the stinger as well and that works.