Whip out the Woodies

Ronv69
Founding Member

kschatey wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:30 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:29 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:44 am

That’s my kind of meerschaum, classic shape, straight. Nice one!
Want it? $25 plus shipping.
Definitely a cool pipe. I didn't know Kaywoodie even had meerschaum pipes, but I don't really know much when it comes to these things.
I didn't either. I was looking for a cheap Kaywoodie and it was the cheapest on Ebay. I thought it should have more appreciation. I'm trying to figure out what the stem is made of. I don't think it's Bakelite, it feels like celluloid.
God and Texas!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:17 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:49 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:45 pm I had downloaded the Kaywoodie compendium years ago but the computer it was on crashed and i couldn't get it open . Now I cant find it anywhere . It was at the gray Fox site before PSF1 . It was wonderful
You and multiple others have referenced the kaywoodie compendium multiple times. I've actually spent a bit of time searching the webses for it and always come up empty. Seems to be gone gone
Have you seen this site yet? It's a parallel universe with the DGCF, lots if us were/are crossover members. Even @Wildcat lol 😆

Good info.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/kaywoodie/
Holy hell. I have not come across that one in all my searches. Bookmarked now for dives into the rabbit hole
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:34 pm

Definitely a cool pipe. I didn't know Kaywoodie even had meerschaum pipes, but I don't really know much when it comes to these things.
I didn't either. I was looking for a cheap Kaywoodie and it was the cheapest on Ebay. I thought it should have more appreciation. I'm trying to figure out what the stem is made of. I don't think it's Bakelite, it feels like celluloid.
So after a VERY brief read it looks like kb&b actually got their start importing meers from Vienna and expanded to briar afterwards. But I can't claim that's gospel
Ronv69
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:38 pm
So after a VERY brief read it looks like kb&b actually got their start importing meers from Vienna and expanded to briar afterwards. But I can't claim that's gospel
Where did you find that info?
God and Texas!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:44 pm

Right here sir
https://pipedia.org/wiki/Collector%27s_ ... odie_Pipes
kschatey

Have you tried it yet? Does it smoke well?
Ronv69
Founding Member

kschatey wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:38 pm
Have you tried it yet? Does it smoke well?
I'm not going to smoke it. It is just to look at until I resell it.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:49 pm

Right here sir
Thanks. Looks like it probably pre 1890?
God and Texas!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:42 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:49 pm
Right here sir
Thanks. Looks like it probably pre 1890?
Looking at the sticker on the case and whatnot its definitely looking like a early one to this amateur
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I found my old beloved Kaywoodie Prince . When the original PSF first popped up , this was the pipe I had in my face in my avatar . Back then , this guy got such a work out and its out of my original first collection
Ive chewed it up and had to reshape the stem to make it smokable over the years . I dont smoke it often anymore but its one I can look at and remember all kinds of stuff . I did a lot of hunting smoking that pipe
ImageImage

Ive got a few more woodies that I didnt photograph . One killer rusticated stubby from @Chef Benny that I dig and its in my van
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.